Friday 17 March 2023

From ScottM: Historical Drama - Ashigaru & Rocket Bikes (160 pts)

My last post for this year's challenge is a two-parter. First up is my last studio location.

Historical Drama - With thoughts of Akira Kurosawa rolling around in my head, for this location I went with a couple more bases for my ongoing Samurai armies project. These are two bases of Ashigaru with yari. These are 28mm metal figs from Kingsford Miniatures.




I had run out of the larger decals for my sashimono and had to use the smaller ones, so they look a little odd unfortunately.

Scoring: 16 - 28mm foot figs + location bonus = 100 points


And for my last set of figures I painted up a trio of rocket bikes. These 28mm resin figs are from Bombshell Miniatures.



Scoring: 3 - 28mm vehicles = 60 points

Scoring Total: 160 points

That ends this year's challenge for me. See you all next year!


Friday minion: Hey again Scott, great to see you back with one last post. Those Ashigaru look lovely indeed, the basing is really effective. and the Bombshell miniatures bikes are great pulpy silliness, great choice of colours. My favourite is the red one because it clearly goes fastest.

I believe this puts you over your 500 points target, congratulations! Great to have you with us this challenge, may your brushes ever move swiftly. 

8 comments:

  1. Well Done! Slick Samurai, rock'n rocket bikes!
    Grats on meeting your points goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Scott! Lovely rocket bikes, very neatly painted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those rocket bikes are really cool but I like the samurai very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, the colours on the bikes are great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are both spectacular, Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent looking samurai and lovely jet bikes!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work, Scott! I like the jet bikes, but those ashigru troops are grand. Very tidy work on them and that banner looks fine for non-samurai meatsheilds! ;)

    ReplyDelete