Wednesday 15 March 2023

From MikeF - Horus Heresy Militia Tanks - 85 points

 One of my ongoing projects is my Imperial Guard / Traitor Militia for Horus Heresy. It's a simple olive green paint job that goes on quick and looks decent. Late last year I painted up some Alternative Armies Ion Age Retained Knights to represent Rogue Trader humans in power armor to be used for the Age of Darkness H H rule set.  I decided they needed some transports, so dug out some old rhinos and gave them a 30k makeover with bits from Blood & Skulls Industry. The rhinos are about 20 years old and were originally for my Salamanders Army. They were then repainted and then stripped. As such, they were in rough shape. Here are some work in progress pictures.





The resin parts come in several pieces and you have to saw off the Rhino exhaust pipes to fit the new bits on. It was actually pretty easy, so long as you have a small saw. Here are the completed rhinos:


28mm Infantry is for scale only




The Eye of Horus displayed prominently.

I also picked up the new plastic Land Raider Proteus for Horus Heresy and painted it up for the command squad. I went light on the upgrades as this army is lucky Horus gave them a Land Raider at all!




 

4 x 28mm vehicles for 80 Points

I also added up my total points to date and I should be at 410 including the above submission. Not sure where those extra 140 points came from, but I fear someone else may have been shorted.

Not sure if I'll get a final entry done in time, but I'll do my best.

Thanks for visiting.


Fantastic looking AFV's for your Militia, your men must be honoured by the Warmaster's generosity in granting them a Land Raider.

Miles has only been absent for a day and already there are claims of points irregularities and abuse of the system. Luckily for you, Miles didn't pick just any old minion to cover his shift, he picked me! After a thorough search of the Spreadsheet of Doom, I managed to track down the culprit, assign the points to their rightful owner and wrap things up with a neat little bow on them for Miles upon his return from the financial frontlines. It looks like another minion entered the wrong number into the spreadsheet and you were awarded the points by mistake. As a reward for your honesty, I have added a few bonus points to your total. 

- StuartL

14 comments:

  1. Excellent looking 30k armour!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great vehicles, like the retro Russian feel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on the motor pool, Mike! That is a very good salvage op on the rhinos as they look so sharp I never would have guessed their providence. I like the proteus land raider very much too....ah RT when everybody had rhinos and landslides! Definetly 30k allowed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rhinos look very good, and the land raider is great too! They look all very fine in this colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking vehicles, Mike. Nice upgrade. I love the WW2 Soviet vibe in the colours and red stars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice work here dude. I am all for the good old Imperial Army having access to Rhinos and Land Raiders, and yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking armour, Mike. Especially liking that old school Proteus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really well done Mike, they look awesome - classic "Imperial Army" feel from the Rogue Trader era. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work. Nice to see a generation one Land Raider, don't see many of those days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work on these stalwarts!

    ReplyDelete