Sunday 5 March 2023

From Paul O'G: Black Templars (42 points)

Last year Reilly and I continued our Kill Team projects and even played in the GW store games night for awhile. As part of that I started a Black Templars force but didn't finish it before I went back to sea.  In typically terrible AHPC fashion I have now finished the army, but only a few of the figs will count as they had been partially painted before the Challenge started - but every finished project is a good one!

No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

All these figs have a range of customisation; the bitz box was raided hard and I 3d printed some extras as well. The are broadly painted in what is known as the 'Zorn palette' which keep colours to red, ocre yellow and creams, and white 

The two Sergeants of this force- both 'pack a punch'

Despite only 4 of these figures counting for the challenge, I was inspired by the progress and continued with these 3 Bladeguard intercessors who had been sitting forlornly in undercoat. Another overly detailed project but its great to have them completed.  Note that the Blue colour on the power swords is not per the Zorn Palette, but I like the way as a spot colour it isnt too harsh a contrast

Just don't call them the 3 stooges

Now I'm daydreaming of a new Custom Space Marine Chapter: The Black Turnips! or perhaps the Turnip Templars? The Templars Turnipcus? Hmmm....

These models are larger (32mm to eye) and historically score 7 points apiece.  So for 6 of them, thats a total of...

....which still leaves me 3 points shy of my challenge target!

And thus 42 was not, in fact, the answer to life, the universe and my AHPC 13 campaign :-)


Wow, these are brilliant. I'll give you the 7pts each, although 7pts is 40mm. Otherwise it's wrecks the joke.

10 comments:

  1. Nice work Paul, these guys are certainly READY! :-) "Zorn Palette" is a new one on me, sent me to the Google machine. Really great looking models, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice brushwork, Paul! They do look great in black, I like all the extras you did to them too. Lots of neat details on them...I absolutely do not need another SM chapter army! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work Paul! I've always liked the look of the Black Templars and you've certainly nailed it here. Well done mate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cracking work mate. Red, black and yellow/gold is always a winner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Paul, the more well painted 40K stuff I see like this the more I can see the attraction

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing the title, I was expecting to see some Crusade-era Hospitalier knights, but nevertheless, good brushwork

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job Paul, your black really looks very good!

    ReplyDelete