Sunday 5 March 2023

From StuartL - An Eastern Fantasy - Fantasy & Limo - 196 Points

Hello all,

As of this week, I am visiting the last studio before I go for the Director's Chair Challenge. I already paid for my limousine ride last week, so I'm ready to jump straight into the action. 

While I do have more than a few fantasy models kicking around in my hobby room, I decided to go for something a little more exotic than Orcs or Dragons for the Fantasy Studio, and instead looked a little bit closer to my (adopted) home. 


Here we have an Oni and a rather large looking Kappa. The Oni is from Reaper's Bones range and the Kappa is from the game Kensei by Zenit Miniatures. Both of these figures are in the 40mm range.


The Oni is also toting around 4 skulls, perfect for adding a little extra to my side duel. 


Here we have a Komainu and three Tanuki, also from Zenit. The dog is fairly large, about the same size as a 28mm mini, but the Tanuki are a bit smaller, maybe 20mm? Overall, they should all be worth 1 Squirrel point.


And here we have a shot of all of the minis together. I already have a few Oni which I painted in one of the Quarantine Challenges, so this lot will be joining the previous minis in my Sengoku Fantasy collection.

Now, a post from me wouldn't be complete without a bunch of Squirrels, so buckle up for a quick batch of tree hugging rodents. 


First up, some old zombies from Games Workshop for Warhammer Fantasy Battles/Age of Sigmar. At the time they were released, they were probably pretty cool, but the figures do look dated now.


And some Skeletal Pirates from Reaper Bones. Death shouldn't let you get in the way of searching for treasure and sailing the high seas. Plus each is providing a skull for my side duel.


And some classic Blood Bowl orcs from the first edition of the game. They are mono-pose figures with very little real detail, but they still look the part.


I have an ongoing/stalled American War of Independence project stashed away at the back of my room somewhere, so in the interest of hunting down every last squirrel, I painted up these 5 British soldiers from the Perry Bros.


And finally, I need to pay my way to the Director's Chair, so here is a female model to pay for the ride in Lady Sarah's Limousine. I may need to get the seats cleaned afterwards though, she appears to be leaking.


And to round that mini up to a full Squirrel, here we have another 4 zombies to accompany her. These modern zombie figures are all from Reaper Bones.


And that is the last of the studio lots. Time to get cracking on my final challenge.

For the points:
26x 28mm minis @5 points = 130 Points
3x 20mm minis @4 points = 12 Points
2x 40mm minis @7 points = 14 Points
Fantasy Studio & Limo @20 points = 40 Points
Total = 196 Points

That should put me a hair's breadth away from my target.

My side duels.
Squirrels + 6 = 40
Anglo-Saxons, Vikings, Dwarves, Fire Giants, WW2 Polish, Daemons, Viridians, Vasa, Junkers, Turnips, Necrons, Tau, Genestealers, WW2 Japanese, Teutonics, Lizardmen, Gnolls, Arabs, Space Marines, Kung Fu Chinese, Wolf's Dragoons, Merfolk, Fishmen, Fish, Mummies, Greek Myth, Peasants, Desert Terrain, Guild, WW2 Africans, WW2 French, WW2 Germans, WW2 Russians, DKoK, Sengoku Fantasy, Fantasy Zombies, Undead Pirates, Blood Bowl Orcs, AWI British, Modern Zombies

Skullz +9 = 233

Turnips - 115 Points

Another great, eclectic, post (combining tham makes them more fun). Love the pirates and the fact you have hit 40 squirrels (enough for a casserole).

9 comments:

  1. Good production here Stuart, I especially like the Japanese fantasy models.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice collection, Stuart! I like the oni and the kappa...with their Eastern mythos friends. My favorites are the British and the pirate skeletons....I think there is Disney movie there! 🤔

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pick'n'mix, Stuart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Oni and Kappa! Well done Stuart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great collection Stuart - my favourites are the old Blood Bowl orcs. Good squirrel count too

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Daemons caught my eye, but great work done in all those models

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your two yōkai Stuart and the Kappa in particular but where’s his head puddle 🤪

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great oni and kappa, Stuart, and I really like the AWI figures!

    ReplyDelete