Sunday 28 January 2024

From LeeH: Barbarians of the Icy North (Library: Overdue & Returns) (45 Points)

 From LeeH: Barbarians of the Icy North (Library: Overdue & Returns) (45 Points)

The air is frigid and the ground frozen hard, but this band of barbarians seem to barely notice the cold. 




I bought these models, pre-assembled as a job lot from a bring-and-buy some years ago and they have been primed, ready and waiting for painting ever since. I don't often paint plastic figures but these models from North Star deserved some attention they are now ready to join my growing fantasy/frostgrave collection of figures. 





I’m also going to claim the Challenge Library “Overdues and Returns” bonus for these because not only have they rested in my pile-o-shame for at least a year, but they presumably sat in someone else's pile-o-shame before that. So these are long, loooong overdue for their coat of paint as well as being a return to an old project from Challenge Ten, way back in 2019. 

5x28mm Infantry = 25 Points + 20 Bonus Points


Love this group of 'Canadians on a pub crawl' :D The cold doesn't bother them anyways..

They really look the business and will fit the genre of Frostgrave fully. I would not want to be facing off against them for sure!

Well done, and 45 pts added for you!

Kyle

12 comments:

  1. Great barbarians Lee. Really like some of the effects that you achieved on the fur and leather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great Lee. I have a box of them in the opportunity collection. You took the road I prefer as I dislike building plastic miniatures. Old guy so prefer metal. Your work may inspire me to glue them up. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've really done those models well. I like building plastic models but those are still sitting on the sprues in my closet of shame. You've made me want to pull them out and get them built.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That barbarians kit is one of my favourite Frostgrave sets- very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking figures. My friends son used to love building figures but not painting when he was young. worked out great for me. Now I stick to metal as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice barbarians, Lee. Like Peter said, you did a terrific job on their various leathers, textiles and furs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very much captured a Hairy Men of The North vibe - super!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an excellent work on the Barbarians.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great figures and very well painted! Hmm, Frostgrave, that must be on my shelves somewhere…

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the barbarians Lee another great post

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice- I've got some of these I need to paint as well.

    ReplyDelete