Sunday 28 January 2024

From DallasE: Off to the Travel Section in the Library Cart (32.5 points)


OK so I'm just finishing off a few models that have been kicking around primed for some time. I wanted a lift in the library cart so I reckon this plucky female motorcar driver will be just the thing.


I think the car and driver are from 1st Corps. The car is a multi-part resin and metal model of a generic sporty motorcar from the late Twenties or early Thirties. The female driver is a half-figure, purposefully attired and quite characterful.


These two are from Copplestone Castings I think, civilian aviators of the same period. Really cool figures and perfect for some Back of Beyond-type games.


Here's the lady driver again, I just love the characterful face.


The front end of the car. Although it was completed during the Challenge I'd started painting it before, so no points claimed.



Sadly they don't make cars that look like this anymore (well maybe a Morgan comes close), so much more sportiness and character than today's generic blobs on wheels. Sure, it might've only had 60 horsepower but it only weighed 1,500lbs so performance was sprightly for the time.

(Added after reminder by Minion)

Points:

2 1/2 28mm models                12.5 points

Sarah's Library Cart bonus        20 points

Total                                        32.5 points

I'm going to take the Library Cart to my next stack - Travel on the first floor Rotunda. See you there next week!

 Lovely work on the models there Dallas. Really fit the genre and style of that car ( which is nicely done also ). 

Adding the cart for the future, but it would be good if you can include the map and completed sections to your posts. So we can see your progress along the Library as a whole. 

Kyle

14 comments:

  1. That is a fantastic car. A perfect driver to get your aviators back to their plane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great figures and car. Love the driver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The car and driver are lovely - great face and glass effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic work. Two details attracted my attention: the clocks in the dashboard... and especially the frontal lights: can you explain how you achieved that depth effect?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments! The lights were painted with my standard lazy gem effect - allover black, with crescents of blues getting progressively lighter in tone towards the bottom of the light. Then I put a tiny dot of white at the upper corner on the black. I think the real secret sauce is the gloss varnish though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The figures are amazing (yes, that face is very great!) but the car is also fantastic, thanks for sharing that too. True, they don’t make them like anymore. Which, considering modern “traffic”, might actually be for the best, but decidedly worsens the view on the road!.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great post figures and car are brilliant, painting is top notch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb characters, and I like the headlights.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work mate. The headlights are really well executed and I love the BR green on the car itself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful jalopy Dallas! I'm with Millsy: BRG for the win!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent piece Dallas. Love the car and driving gear.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool model! Your paint job does it full justice. Now I want to buy a cool leather coat to drive my minivan...

    ReplyDelete