Wednesday 17 January 2024

KenR : 28mm Malenchini Regt & Skirmishers (181 pts)

 

More Garibaldi this week, no library entries so I've put the entries together as one, with just one unit and one Command Base to go I should be done next week.


This unit is another of those that arrived in Sicily from Northern Italy (recruited in Tuscany) to support Garibaldi and formed part of the Medici Brigade. I was drawn to the simple, different uniforms to add another splash of colour to the army.


The figures are Plastic Perry ACW figs, no conversion just painted in the uniform of the Malenchini. 24 figs, 6 on a base 60 x 60. So that's 121 points for this bit of the entry (24 x 5 plus 1 for the flag)


I had 12 figures left after I had built the units I wanted so I have painted them up as skirmishers, here are 6 figs in the uniform of the Bolognesi Battalion which I finished last week. These are 2 per base on 60 x 30. 6 figs at 5 pts each is 30 points.


The other 6 skirmishers have been painted in the uniform of the Medici Battalion which I did last year, so that's another 30 points.

So all in all its 121 + 30 + 30 for a total of 181.

I'll see you next week for the last of the Garibaldi.

Regards Ken 
 
***
It is always a treat to enjoy my morning coffee and the entry(ies) of the Yarkshire Gamer! These figures look lovely, and it must be a treat indeed to make use of the different colours to add variety to the units in the setting. I had no idea the Perry ACW plastics could be so adaptable to other settings - just by painting them in different colours! 
 
Great work Ken - another 181 points for you!
 
GregB 

28 comments:

  1. Light blue guys look great, but I really like the Bolognesi skirmishers most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really enjoyed your posts so far and how you have used the acw figures to build this army, they just look awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, I can always find a use for plastic figures, they're cheaper 😀

      Delete
  3. Very nice Ken . Sure your game will look epic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, hopefully I'll get it to one of the Partizan shows as well 👍

      Delete
  4. More fine looking units for your collection, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work. The flag repeated on the drum top is a cool detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great body of men you've got there Ken! Can't wait to see you finish your project. Something of a holy grail in this hobby of ours! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on these little guys, I am so tempted to get into this period! So colourful and interesting

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work here Ken. Those ACW figs are darn useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, don't forget plastic is cheaper 😆

      Delete
  9. Look great as always! Cheers JezT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work Ken! I especially like the bald chap in the skirmish line. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colours are great in that Ken, love the blues and you should get extra points for being able to spell Malenchini

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, I'm guessing I spelt it right 😆

      Delete