Wednesday 17 January 2024

From Millsy: Silver Bayonet 28mm Napoleonics (255 points)

G'day All,

Having decided I needed a rest from painting a pile of individual character-type figures with my Star Wars: Legion stuff I moved on and painted... ummm... a pile of individual character-type figures for Silver Bayonet. The less said about my thought processes there the better I think.

These are a mix of branded Silver Bayonet miniatures from North Star topped up with some Front Rank stuff to bulk out the troop types and a few hangers on from elsewhere. The Silver Bayonet faction sets are great they lack enough basic line troops to get you to a full 8-man roster within a typical points limit. Front Rank stuff can be purchased individually and are a good match from a size and style perspective.

Spanish Faction






Others
Challenge Library - Some Goblins for the Fantasy section.


Deserters and bandits.



Challenge Library - Lady Sarah's Library Cart - Spanish Guerrilla
A rather disgruntled lady guerrilla who looks like my request to ride Lady Sarah's Library Cart across to the Blue Room might be the final straw!


Challenge Library - Famous Person - General Tadeusz Kościuszko
General Tadeusz Kościuszko is a Giant in Miniature from Wargames Illustrated and quite appropriate for "Australia" as a famous person given we named our only proper mountain after him. Not sure about the marble effect on the homemade plinth but I can always revisit in the future (yeah right).


Challenge Library - Romance - "Date Night"
No idea of the provenance of this miniature. It was gifted to me by a mate and had been lurking in the lead pile for years. Quite what happened to lead up to this moment isn't clear. At least she looks relaxed which has to be a good thing right?


Challenge Library - Local History - NSW Corps
The NSW Corps were the first organised military in "Australia", taking over from the marines of the First Fleet. Also known as the Rum Corps for their poor behaviour and trade in illegal rum. Here we see Private G. Burch, terrified half out of his mind at the thought that anything and everything might kill him (it can!). His trusty gazetteer describes his new workplace as terror australis and he's inclined to agree!


All up this is...
  • 31 x infantry 28mm miniatures =155 points
  • Library (Fantasy) = 20 points
  • Library (Lady Sarah's Library Cart) = 20 points
  • Library (Famous Person) = 20 points
  • Library (Romance) = 20 points
  • Library (Local History) = 20 points
Total 255 points.


Not sure what's next. I need a break from individual character-type figures ;-P

Album: Elsiane 
Artist: Elsiane

Artist: Hooverphonic

Artist: Woodes




Cheers,
Millsy
 
***
 
Bless you Millsy, for keeping things unusual - and for a top-of-the-line music selection! I love Elsiane, and I had no idea to even search for Hooverphonic with an orchestra. I'm all over that. 
 
So, your submission - awesome painting as always, and as usual, a cool "hook" in terms of a project. 
 
UPDATE - apologies to Millsy, I had not counted things here properly, and he was short some points - this lovely work rings in at 255 points! Well done Millsy, and thanks for your patience!
 
GregB 

20 comments:

  1. Very neat paintjob, as usual, Millsy! You are really good with individual character-type figures, looking forward to see more next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Wow! Wow! Awesome work on all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful brushwork, Millsy! Really lovely. I chuckled aloud at your 'Local History' and cringed a bit from 'Romanc'e. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work all around Millsy, love the Spanish figures. I am sure that IU've encountered that young lady. Turns out that the NSW Corps could also be local history for my home turf as they were transferred to Nova Scotia for the War of 1812.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised Peter. I don't think anyone wanted them around for longer than necessary!

      Delete
    2. I can imagine the communication. Guess what men, we get to leave this god forsaken wilderness and will be posted to another god forsaken wilderness. Apparently they did well against the Yanks and were the last unit to leave the USA after the treaty was signed.

      Delete
  5. That's quite a mix Millsy. I do like the Silver Bayonet figures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the silver Bayonet minis they look really nice, now you said she look relaxed i think she looks unconscious is this a common thought pattern you have my friend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grand stuff there Millsy . I can’t think what possibly use the guy carrying the woman would be for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A nice batch of individuals, every one is nicely painted. The white and purple uniformed Spanish are my favourite, very eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work on all of these, particularly the browns and whites, and I like how you shoehorned things neatly onto the library shelves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally making good use of my postgrad :-P

      Delete
  10. Great work. I think Silver Bayonet Napoleonics would be as much as I could ever handle painting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome work! Highly inspirational for my little SB project

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great collection of SB folks there mate - love the Rum Corps chap and Mr Kościuszko too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great work here Millsy. I love the Spanish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great painting - especially like the Spanish monks .... !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Superb entry Millsy, that Spanish Sheila is clearly having a bad hair day - the white on the Spaniards are so well done

    ReplyDelete