Saturday 24 February 2024

From ChrisW 15mm Sci-fi New Anglian Confederation (NAC) [176 points]

 


Surprise, surprise more 15mm sci-fi figures!(rarely have I been this fixated on any one subject) This time some NAC vehicles, mostly Ground Zero Games miniatures but also some Brigade models and two Bradley Miniatures armoured cars.  

They started off primed in Vallejo brown leather rattle can, which came out kind of orange/brown, then they sat on a shelf while I awaited inspiration. I decided to go for progressively lighter shades aiming at a desert yellow end shade. It was only after I had been painting them a while that I realized that I was painting them as if they were WWII Afrika Corps...go figure.

So no stripes on these, basically just shades of yellow. I did experiment with a blotch style of  green/brown camo but I did not like the look of it and I lacked confidence that it would work out. So I decided to dirty up the wheels and lower parts of the vehicles to try an add a bit of extra something to the overall appearance. Speaking of wheels, 136 wheels seemed to me to be too many wheels, the initial excitement wore off rather quickly.

Paladin HEL armed tanks



Phalanx APC



Medium APCs



Recon light vehicles


Heavy tanks (Brigade Models)



Two Armoured cars (Bradley miniatures)


This AC comes with a choice of interchangeable turrets

 AA and Slam artillery (the Slam is by Brigade Models)




So the totals

  • 176 points for 22x 15mm vehicles (8 points each)

Squirrels this post +1

Squirrels to date [8]

  • Hammers Slammers
  • Ikwen alien infantry
  • Hanuman (Alien) vehicles 
  • New Swabian league armoured vehicles 
  • Rats
  • Scarabs 
  • Mercenary Sci-fi vehicle
  • NAC Sci-fi vehicles
Chris, your production and level of quality here is impressive! You can't go far wrong with emulating the DAK colourway and these vehicles look very cool. All they need are little palm tree decals. Excellent work and another good points haul for you.

Dallas

9 comments:

  1. Looks like it would be a fast hitting force. The wheels give a nice weathered look to the vehicles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive Chris, a great looking force

    ReplyDelete
  3. These came our great Chris, you have amassed quite the collection of these this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great. I like the big wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool, Chris- DAK in space is a fine colour scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent futuristic AFV. I enjoy the Baja tires. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some really great painted vehicles and I so like your sci-fi take on the DAK scheme. However I cannot suppress the notion that these would profit from some decals to break the sand colour and distinguish between units. Perhaps give this guys a look? https://www.fightingpirannhagraphics.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blimey a lot of vehicles. Lovely work

    ReplyDelete