Thursday 29 February 2024

From GeoffreyT: The final library shelf (Rare and Antique books, 73 points)

Hello Challengers,

I have reached the final destination and have negotiated with the snow lord for the final challenge.  It is a retro 1987 Palanquin of Nurgle by Citadel Miniatures.  I picked it up in a sale of old stock for a gobsmackingling low price of $10.  Such a bargain that it should be in the true crime section.

This is a difficult miniature to paint, and I dont think I really did this awesome sculpt justice, but had a fair crack.  So much detail, and with all the muted colours I needed black-lining to delineate areas.  




Next is the king of the jungle, a giant ape holding his friend by the hand.  This is an old Reaper metal model.  Does his friend count as another half a miniature?



This is a 3d printed post box.  


Here are a bunch more 3d printed widgets I picked up at a bring and buy.Will be excellent as post apocalyptic loot tokens.


That is all for the bonus points for me, will be hard work from now on.

Palanquin = 1 mounted 28mm = 10 points [Millsy - let's call this a vehicle @ 20pts]

Kong = 1 x 40 mm figure = 7 points

6 widgets, 1 each = 6

Rare and Antique books = 40 points.

Total = 63 points. [Millsy - adjusted to 73 points]

 

Kind Regards

Geoff.

From Millsy: I'm so utterly gobsmacked by the bargain you got with the Palanquin of Nurgle I'm struggling to write something meaningful! What an amazing find and I am more than a little jealous Geoff. I love that you've leaned right into the vintage nature of the model with the flame effect on the plasma pistol. The other stuff is very well done too but I only have eyes for Nurgle right now...

13 comments:

  1. Congrats on making it through! And very impressive painting. I'm sure you could have resold that mini for at least 10x what you paid, so kudos for hanging on to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on completing the challenge Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work, super jealous of the vintage model. Well done on completing the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully disgusting work on your Paladin of Nurgle. May he be cleansed in the Emperors flame by the righteous. Congrats on finishing the Library path.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work and congrats on clearing all of the shelves. I think we need a Skullz count on that Nurgle mini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, there is 9 skullz on that thing, I'll make a correction to the count on my next post.

      Delete
  6. Fantastic Nurgley goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tour of the library. Excellent Nurgle lord and mount.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What do you mean you didn't do it justice? That Nurgle deamon looks right as acid rain to me, quite the brilliant piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great find and congrats finishing the final topic! Great brushwork, too, I like the old school approach.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What can I say but these are some seriously fun miniatures and you've done a wonderful job on the painting

    ReplyDelete