Thursday 29 February 2024

Thor's Day Relaxation and Skiing

I'm back at work, but my mind is still in the holiday mood. That's why I chose an emoji, which would have fit the last week perfectly. Last week I spent in the Northern Finland, we used to ski on several days and walk with snow shoes for couple of days, lots of relaxing and so on. A bit of activity each day. I was ther with my son and week ago Thursday we skied little bit over 4km to a cafe, had a snack and then skied back. And then roughly 5km in the evening. On Monday the school had a ski day and my son reported he skied 12 kms. And he is 8 years old, so I guess the text below is rather accurate (naturally he can skate, too).
:crosscountryskiing:

CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING

Skiing with feeling

Finns learn to ski and skate right after they learn to walk. Skiing offers a fun, healthy way to enjoy the magnificent Finnish nature during winter.

----- End of Finn talking about Finland -----

So I'm full of energy and really exited to Minion on this Thor's Day and at the moment I can see not one, but two entries ready to post and one vaque concrete promise of a third one!
  • We have a statue from RayR, no doubt some Haitian Revolution hero with a floppy hat?
  • We have a rather lot from BruceR, I'd bet it is FIW this time, not ACW or Zulus?

3 comments:

  1. The one time I went skiing (indoor, mind you) still brings back painful memories… I admire your son! Have great day, Teemu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There absolutely no chance what-so-ever of getting me on ski's!
    No floppies here today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good Thursday. I've not skied at all this year. Not enough snow, too cold and too warm at times.

    ReplyDelete