Wednesday 7 February 2024

From Millsy: Nurgle? Ewwwww!!! (90 points)

All things foul and pestilent
All creatures bloated by rot
All things foetid and maggoty
Papa Nurgle corrupted the lot.

G'day All,

I'd wanted these finished last week but there's so much fiddly detail they've taken much longer. You simply can't rush disgusting it seems. So what do we have here?

Death Guard Space Marine Heroes

I'd already said once before I was done painting Death Guard and then these finally appeared at a price that didn't make my eyes water so what are you going to do? Only Morslug is missing so if you have one and are willing to part with him let me know as we can maybe cut a deal.





Great Unclean Ones

These two were part of a lot from eBay which also included the Daemon Prince below. They were incorrectly listed as metal and turned out to be resin, but the seller was a generous chap and refunded 2/3 of the purchase price given his error so one of these two plus the Daemon Prince effectively ended up being free. They needed a lot of clean up and repair work beyond just stripping the original paint job but I think they came out alright in the end. We might need a new version of the Skullz tally for hideous boils now...

Quite what I will do with two of these I don't know. If someone would like to swap the chap without the horns and tongue thingy for something else let me know.



Chaos Daemon Prince

Is this the worst resin min ever made by GW? Quite possibly! It was full of miscast sections, fitted together really poorly and (no fault of GW) was missing his sword. No suitable replacement was available and I wasn't going to buy one so he got a leftover sword from a Death Guard Terminator. It looks ridiculously small in his ham fist and makes me laugh every time I look at it.

I've decided he annoyed Papa Nurgle enough that having lost his sword he was forced to use a small cheese knife instead. For those interested, the Plaguefather does have his own cheese line called Stilton. Wikipedia says it has a "characteristic smell and taste" which is like saying the ocean is a little damp. I once spent a day in a camper van with a wheel of this stuff whilst bringing it home from a trip for my grandfather and the smell really is no joke.




Points-wise...

  • 6 x 32 (28mm) infantry = 30 points
  • 3 x "giant-sized" critters @ 20 points each = 60 points

Total = 90 points

Anyway, that's all the unpainted Nurgle stuff I had left. Pleased to have cleared the decks on another project with a few odds and sods left to do. Hopefully anyone who looked at this hasn't lost their lunch. Apologies if that's the case!

Cheers,
Millsy

***

Hello Millsy - and hello again to all AHPC participants. My thanks to Millsy and the other Minions for their efforts stepping in to cover my duties for the past couple of weeks while I had to focus on moving to our new house. The move is now out of the way! The packing, not so much...but the worst part is done, at least...so I can devote some time to the Challenge again!

And what a project to return to! Nurgle figures make me laugh, as they inspire quite the fan following, which GW nourishes by issuing a pretty steady stream of new figures and characters through every generation of figures. The Nurgle figures always attract the talents and efforts of excellent brush folks - just like Millsy here...sigh...Nurgle is like the Bon Jovi of the Chaos gods...but I digress...

You have done great work here Millsy, catching every detail with your brush. Nurgle figures are notorious for offering all sorts of small details, and you have honoured the sculptors' work with your brushes! The magical effects, the terrifying symbol, the censor...all well done, and that is before we come to the slumbering monster daemons! 

That's 90 points for you! Congrats on getting another project done and dusted...and perhaps a Challenger can help you track down that missing Morslug?

GregB

14 comments:

  1. Good looking Nurgle minions, I like the white power armour (the similar I chose for my Death Guard) and those old Great Unclean ones are great. Of course would be better in metal. I managed to get only two Death Guard heroes, and neither of them is Morslug. Keep hunting, the Great Granpa has no hurries. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Millsy. Suitably gribbly. Over here in the UK Stilton is quite mild. You want something to really blow your socks off find some Stinking Bishop. Now that is a cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. as a loyal servant of the Emprah I decidedly hate Nurgle, but you havepainted them very well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. revolting, well painted but revolting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Disgustingly good! Love the Stilton reference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed quite sufficient to lose you your appetite, but very well done Millsy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the Plague Marines, I've been putting off painting some for a while because they're deliciously over-detailed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are mate. I spent way too long on each one.

      Delete
  8. Eww, nasty and brilliant all the same. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are truly horrible and disgusting and perfectly painted of course.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's one superb effort Millsy - I know nothing about weird shit but those white painted Death guards are one of the best entries on ANPC to date

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb work on those Millsy, not painted burgle before and would find it a little challenging I think

    ReplyDelete