Saturday 9 March 2024

From DavidB: Iron Snakes, Blue Bloods, Spiders, and a doctor walk into a bar, scifi, Lady Sarah's Cart (160 points)


  I will continue to the sci fi theme in the rotunda....honestly after all these years, I should think it would be more of a shock if I didn't paint sci fi troops.


Some more Iron Snakes are off the desk now. I am a bit ambivalent about these heavy support troops.
the damage output and range are outstanding for the point costs and abilities....but they do look like they are carrying nerf guns 

I think they would have been better as gravis armor and perhaps have the rockets( missiles have miss in them)mounted on their armor. they do look silly like they stole the launchers from a vehicle or something.

I used three shade of cold grey for shaded areas and 3 shades of warm grey for lighted areas. I am able to crank out iron snakes pretty quick now!
the squad and chapter insignia are 3d prints from pop goes the monkey


The Blue Blood Goliath gang has juves now in the group

the arc welders are not as impressive as the cutters

The cutters are the better choice


some powerful stim junkies one with dual rivet cannons and the other with powered axes.


golliath champions of the brute size, they are massive!

nine van saars because I cannot locate the tenth one. I painted them up because I almost lost the bits for the power shield

kind of a neat bit although a big pain to keep neat


I tried to give them turquoise armor and bright orange eye lenses, but I need more paint to do a proper turquoise as all of my citadel paints for that hue are out of production and dried out! 


I painted the bases as if Mars has a delegation in their territory. I do want more and even a box for 5150 New Hope City. The helmets and body armor are really nice scifi and not over the top grimdark.


I also picked up some biker boys for the Blue Bloods as a Buddy is huge in the Necromunda game and wants to war in the ash wastes. I painted them to match the MULE truck from mantic games and kept them shinny to match. I used the airbrush to get that metallic blue used acrylic to clean up and pick out the details. 


I actually wouldn't mind more of them for a world eater army or perhaps for some more ork biker boyz

Finally we have the  doctor. She is an Event exclusive from TT Combat and is a female version of a doctor from the faction. I was drawn to this game from On Tabletop youtube(Beasts of Wars) The Creators have said that the Nobles in Carnevale are sociopaths and the Doctors are psychopaths.

A very Dynamic sculpt full of animation and details. the resin is frail as i have broken a city watch figure several times in just painting, but the game is very fun. I have guild, old ones, vampires, and nobles....I will probably get a doctor gang just so she has company. she will be requiring Lady Sarah's Cart for a different scene.

so the total painted for this post.....
9 VanSaar  5 points a piece for 45 points and 3 skulls
6 goliaths  5 points a piece for 30 points and 18 skulls
2 goliath bikers at 10 points for 20 points and 2 skulls
5 Iron Snake space marines at 5 points each for 25 points and 6 skulls
120 points plus 20 for scifi plus 20 for Lady Sarah's Cart. Next entry the Lady Doctor would like visit the Maritime section to reunite with friends.
140 160 points

legion duel----working
Big Stompy Robots of Death- lucky 13
skulls 27 more for 218

Would you look at the size of that... gun. It's so big the photo had to go landscape style, would fit as portrait! In any event more great Iron Snakes here David and some nice Necromunda models too, the Goliaths are suitably brutish and the Van Saars quite fancy, I like 'em. Nice work.

140 points for your tally.

Dallas 


 

6 comments:

  1. Impressive work on all the gangs. The blue on the bikes really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are so cool and man have you done a great job painting them

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like those Necromunda gangs- I'd love it some of my buddies were into the game but, sadly, none are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really dislike the marine weapons- they should be shoulder mounted Gravis, not Nerf.

    ReplyDelete