Saturday 9 March 2024

From PaulSS: Dirty Panzers and recon - 27pts

 

Just a small submission this week, I'm working towards a larger unit of 28mm figures that are due to be finished in time for next weeks post, but to maintain my cadence of at least one post a week I've added a few more vehicles to the 12mm-ish WWII collection for O Group.


A pair of Panzer IVH and a pair of SdKfz 222 join the German forces for my late WWII games. 

All the models are from Pendraken and are nominally10mm but size well with the Victrix 12mm figures in my collection.

I've painted them in a dirty three colour scheme, the decals are from I-94 Enterprises after these were dried I added more muck and grime with a Tamiya weathering master kit. 

Panzer IVH

Panzer IVH

Panzer IVH

Panzer IVH

SdKfz 222

SdKfz 222

SdKfz 222

SdKfz 222

Four 10mm-ish vehicles and three crew should add 27 points to my ongoing total.

Superb looking models here Paul and certainly reflect your considerable painting skills. The Sdkfz 222 was one of my favourite German recce vehicles of the war (surpassed perhaps only by the Puma?) and the Pzkpfw IV(H) is iconic, the schurzen look great. The weathering is really well done too and the grimy look certainly suits the "beginning of the end" in Normandy.

27 points seems paltry for these lovely models but we are slaves to the Magic Spreadsheet. Nice work!

Dallas

21 comments:

  1. Probably my favorite camouflage scheme. Great weathering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tom, I do also like the splodge it on variant.

      Delete
  2. Great little AFVs! Nice weathering and basing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really well done considering the complexity of working with those very small scales! Nice cammo paint work and weathering

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are fabulous, color scheme is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fine work Paul. Excellent brush work on such small sized vehicles.

    ReplyDelete