Saturday 30 January 2016

From TamsinP - 6mm Reb Firepower (22 points)

For my 11th entry I've added some firepower for my 6mm Confederate army, mostly because I knew they'd be a quick paint.


Now, the observant among you will have spotted that one of the bases is missing something.


Hint - something big, made of metal and wood.


Yup, one of the guns went missing from the tray it was it. I'm sure it will turn up eventually.


I actually painted (but didn't submit) the guns during last year's Challenge, so I'm not counting them for points in this submission.

Some close-up pics:






As before, the figures are 6mm from Baccus. For points, only the 44 crew figures count, so it should be 22 points.

Edit: I found the missing gun! It was hiding underneath some bags of flag sheets in the drawer they were originally in - it must have fallen off the sheet of mounting card I had everything on when I moved them into a different drawer, then got buried.

Here it is on the base:



And here's a pic of all 11 bases with guns, just to prove that I did find it!


*phew!*

Great guns Tamsin!! What, well, great guns these are! Very clean brushwork and I like seeing all the little red kepis amongst the grey and butternut. I'm happy you found the other artillery piece as those four fellows were looking a little hapless standing on the four corners of their base. I suppose you could have modeled a tiny hackey sak suspended between them to give them something to do.  :)
Another 22 points for you but, wait, I see another Ms.P entry on the horizon...
 


19 comments:

  1. Splendid work in 6mm and great basing too, Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know how you do it, but the end result is brilliant. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid stuff. Good to see your missing gun turned up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb figures Tamsin! I hate it when you lose a cannon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice paintwork and basing one more time, your rebs are very nice!
    just missing the limbers now;-))

    GillesW " the way of the gun ;-) "

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work always good to see some ACW.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  7. great basing. This is going to be a great looking army

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you found the missing gun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. More Joy of 6.
    Nice artillery park.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work, glad that last gun was found

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know there's something terrifying about massed guns that you've managed to capture perfectly here. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that's a battery! Looking really splendid, Tamsin. Do you ever sleep?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice Arty, Tamsin! You need a shot of the blue and gray facing off! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ curt - thanks! If I hadn't found the gun, I was considering trying to get a single (possibly from Adler) to make up the base, although your suggestion of a hackey sac does have merit :)

    @ Jonathan - cheers! :)

    @ Evan - thanks! It's easy once you've had some practice :)

    @ Millsy - cheers! :)

    @ Peter - thanks! Bits going missing is something we have to live with and work around. you might remember that police car I painted last year - one of the headlamps went flying and I had to sculpt a replacement from Greenstuff. A couple of months later I found the missing lamp :)

    @ Gilles - thanks! The limbers will get done for the Rebs and the Bluebellies at some point, but not during this Challenge :)

    @ Greg - cheers! :)

    @ Christopher - thanks! :)

    @ Martin - cheers! Hopefully the army will meet your expectations of good-lookingness :)

    @ Francis - thanks old chap :)

    @ Anne - cheers m'dear :)

    @ Barks - cheers! I'm glad I found it too - otherwise I'd have had to model a hackey sac! ;)

    @ Clint - thanks! Not quite as impressive as the Union artillery park, but still impressive :)

    @ Jamie - thanks! I'm just happy it turned up so soon :)

    @ Sander - cheers! Massed guns are always useful :)

    @ Sidney - thanks! I do sleep occasionally :)

    @ David B - cheers! I will do a shot of the two armies facing off when the Rebs are completed :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great painting Tamsin, really like the whole look of it

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian - I'm pleased with how they turned out :)

      Delete