Saturday 22 December 2018

From AlexS: Wild West terrain (80 points)

Hello to all! My name is Alex, and I am from Russia. In childhood, one of the most serious of my aesthetic and emotional upheavals was the film “The Magnificent Seven”. Since then, the cowboys and the Wild West has become a very important topic for me. But in the hobby I came to this topic only this year and very accidentally.


I bought the miniatures and started working on them. Perhaps some of them I will do during this wonderful event. In addition, I began to do and terrain for this period. And that's what I could do.

First, the sign before entering the city - it will be a city founded by Czech miners among the vast expanses of the Wild West. As you can see from the tablet, strange things happen there. Well, the gallows - an important attribute of that era.


Secondly, the cemetery. So far it is small, but there is already a statue of an angel, which the founder of the city has put on his wife’s grave (as I think).


Third, the homes. They are easy to make, easy to paint (especially if you use an airbrush), but in vain I began to make inscriptions with my hand. It will be necessary to find the necessary fonts and print the signs on paper and paste them. Or leave it as it is ...


Trees They fit not only in the Wild West, but also for any other period. I made them from burdock root. As you can see, I was preparing for an event in the summer. :)





General view:

Well, the measurements. I got a rectangular parallelepiped 12 inches wide and 6 inches tall. Total is 80 points, if I calculated everything correctly.



______________________

Welcome back Alex!

Wow, I must say that I'm honoured - you were preparing for the Challenge back in summer? Now, that's planning and dedication!

As usual, I'm in awe of your home-made terrain - it's always so creative and fun. The buildings and scatter terrain is terrific, but I really like how your burdock roots turned out for the dead tree stumps. Amazingly evocative. In addition to your Wild West setting, they would be absolutely fantastic for Cthulhu/Pulp gaming as well. 

80 points is tidy work indeed. Now, I look forward to seeing some of the local personages of the town of 'Praha' - I'm sure they will be as colourful and creative as your terrain.  

15 comments:

  1. Great work Alex, I’m looking forward to hearing more about Praha. Hopefully you’ll tell us how that angel lost it’s head. And I’ve heard of homegrown rules, but you’ve created homegrown terrain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, welcome back to the Challenge! Your submissions are always a treat! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those roots are wonderfully twisted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks to all, I will try and in the future to do those things that will be of interest to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas to personalise them with touches like the angel grave having a defined “owner”

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking terrain, love the dead trees!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an impressive set of scenery Alex, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work on the buildings, but I really like your use of roots for the trees! Those trees do look fantastic! I'm looking forward to seeing your citizens and maybe a few of my western cousins! ;)

    ReplyDelete