Saturday 22 December 2018

From TeemuL - Brothers in Arms (10 points)

Just getting myself to the score board this year with these two Stormcast Eternals. I developed very quick gold-and-blue theme for them earlier this year when I got tired with my previous Stormcast Eternals chamber. Gold and blue is not very special, they are from Hammerhal of course, but I have not yet given them any real name. It just gold and blue with heavy Druchii Violet wash all over. Then drybrush with lighter blue and silver. Looks rather good, a bit beaten, but still bright, so they are polishing their war gear every now and then, which is only expected.

Knight-Incantor


This Knight-Incantor came from the Getting Started with Age of Sigmar magazine, so it is basically a freebie. There is a small spell effect on the ground, which I painted silver and added some red and yellow ink to make it more magical. Looks rather nice on my lava-type base. His eyes are red and while his hand is up, his eyes are down - looking at the growing spell.

Knight-Heraldor


This Knight-Heraldor came from the Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower Hero expansion pack and he has the same colors as the other knight. In addition to his golden armor, he has golden horn and golden flag... You might say I´m lazy, but I think they just like all things golden, it makes them look stranger and more horrible in the eyes of the enemy.


I just labeled this post as "Brother in arms" without thinking too much, but may be they are brothers. Battle Brothers at least. I think I need to create some fluff for them. Like I said, they are from Hammerhal and are on lava bases, so they are obviously fighting on Realm of Aqshy, the Realm of Fire, and come from the Hammerhal Aqsha part of the twin city of Sigmar.

Two 28mm miniatures gives me 10 points.

________________________________

Lovely work Teemu! I know virtually nothing about the Age of Sigmar, but these two chaps certainly look the business. I like the worn-but-burnished armour effect you achieved and the blue tabards and cloaks set them off nicely. I can see why so many people use these models for 40K conversions as the armour for both 'periods' share many similarities. 

10 well-earned points for you, Teemu! Welcome back!


12 comments:

  1. Not a big fan of the range itself, but you’ve dfinitely done a great job on these. Really like the worn and weathered look of their armour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on some great models. Nice to see some AOS being submitted so early on in the AHPC:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely armour effect on these sigma marines!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not very knowledgeable of this game but the quality of your painting work is outstanding

    ReplyDelete
  5. The armour has come out very well on these chaps

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work. That trumpet looks like it could be a formidable weapon by itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, could be used as a mace as well. :)

      Delete
  7. Nice work, Teemu! That is a really nice worn effect you achieved on the armor! The gold and blue contrasts well with the lava bases

    ReplyDelete