Friday 21 December 2018

From MartinC - Here we are, and here we are again (63 Points)



Gentlemen (and ladies) Start your engines. Photo hangs in my house

So I started my Christmas holidays a day early so that I could crack on with the Challenge. But it was the office party yesterday and 9 hours of drinking had the expected effect. I woke up still drunk, been a while since I did that, and have been generally sketchy all day.

Excuses done I have done some painting. JamesM of this parish has switched me on to 15mm WW2 and I have British Para force and I've been building 352 Fusilier company as opposition. To complete the paras I have some scout cars, bought from James, which can be used during the bocage fighting in July.

3 Daimlers and 4 Dingos. No clue the maker - James will know


Pretty simple to paint and I kept the bases very simple and imagined them on the road. Not convinced it worked

The wash has worked very well I think. I added some extra stowage and think that I could have put more on.

So that is 7 vehicles at 8 points each giving me 56 pts and a nice start.

_______________________________

Love that rally race photo! 

Well, I must say you've done a great job for a plastered prof., Martin. (I know I'd be completely useless tanked with a brush.) These ACs really look the business. I especially like the weatherbeaten look (that wash worked the business) and the metalled road is a nice effect. I'm going to add a few extra points for the crewmen which will put you at 63 points for the squadron. Nicely done, sir!

Now, go have an asprin with an eggnog and enjoy the holidays.

28 comments:

  1. Nicely done. You can imagine those Daimlers and Dingos racing through the streets of France and the Low Countries on the look out for the Germans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers, we have plenty of bocage to play in

      Delete
  2. Good start there! I love recon units, you'll see soem of my own pretty soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. Recon and light forces are my favourite too. Not a fan of massive tanks

      Delete
  3. Nice recce vehicles Martin. Hopefully you have some more for the first of the bonus theme rounds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers,never thought about them for the bonus.have another plan for that

      Delete
  4. Nice entry Martin, I do love those British recce vehicles,I've a few in 6mm which may or may not make it to the challenge. The asphalt road basing is very effective

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks. You can never do too much recce

      Delete
  5. Nice job Martin! All Battlefront minis. I think we originally looked at these being for some allied free forces that fought with the paras? Free Czech or Belgians? I'll have a dog and see if I can find them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, think the plan was Belgians. Nice battle in the bocage coming up I think with my paras

      Delete
  6. They certainly look the part, especially considering the state you were in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, I’m impressed at how quickly you got them done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta, I find my painting is just as good quick as slow , so I paint quick

      Delete
  8. Tip top work, Martin, with at least a month's worth of work for me taking you a day!!! Blimey!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta, there are many advantages to being a simple dauber. Washing and dry brushing covers a multitude of sins

      Delete
  9. Great start Martin, love the vintage shot of the start from Le Mans I think I spy some Bentley Blowers on the line. I’ve alsways had a soft spot for Daimler Dingos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the photo, not a petrol head and nice to know it's Le Mans. Loving my AC

      Delete
    2. I think that photo is at Brooklands old chap! Very nice Dingos and Daimlers.

      Delete
  10. Cracking start Martin! And congrats for taking the top spot (at least for a while)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, we'll see about remaining thee, off to family for a few days on Monday so trying to get some painting in early

      Delete
  11. Lovely armoured cars and crews!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers, starting to get into the swing of it now mate

      Delete
  12. Great job on them Martin! The Daimler scout cars are especially fine, I still have the old matchbox one that was my first model ever built and painted. These are much improved over that early effort! ;)

    ReplyDelete