Friday 21 December 2018

From PaulO'G: My AHPC sets sail in the Nautilus (2 Points)

This year I wanted to try and submit an entry on the opening day - challenging when the start time is 1700 local. Naturally, I went with a relatively simple model: the central playing piece from VPG's solo boardgame Nemo's War.


In this very enjoyable game his technological marvel has been given an artistic makeover and I wanted to give it due tip 'o the hat. I eschewed the traditional metallic and iron grey and instead adopted the serene underwater hues that this more organic looking Nautilus would acquire in her natural element beneath the waves...


My Nautilus is also my opening salvo in the Naval themed side duel, "Engage the Enemy More Closely!"  I suggest she is worth 2 points (equivalent to a 6mm vehicle) to get me off the mark.

____________________________________________

Well, there's lots to love in this opening post. The terrific miniature (that aqua blue is a spot-on choice for the 'Nautilus'), the description of the game (which I now have to hunt down a copy) and the terrific manifesto of the 'Brush Wielder's Union' (which seems to align perfectly with the tenants of the Painting Challenge). What an excellent opening post, Paul!

And you've stolen a march (a sail? a tack?) on us in the Naval duel. Curses!

Well done and welcome back, Paul!


22 comments:

  1. What a lovely sub! Great colour choices!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, love the colour surprised it's only in 6mm ish scale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good little start, a bit fishy mind ;-)

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice boat (the correct term for a sub) and love the blue. Great manifesto too, something to live by for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one, I like the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No that’s a proper Nautilus indeed. I‘m sure the Captain would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well played my friend...well played.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome choice for your entry. It's not something you see every day on a gaming table, but maybe it should be? Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this model. I started reading books quite early (ay about 7 y/old) thanks to a collection publised in Spain that had one page with text and the other with cartoon strips. My long time favourite writer was Verne and 20,000 Leagues ranked among the most cherised.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely little piece. I’m unfamiliar with the game but am now intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Colourful stuff indeed, as that's a corkingly good coloured Nautilus. I've been eyeing the game for a while, but am yet to hit the trigger.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a wonderful hue you gave the ship! Kudos on a well executed opening Salvo too!

    ReplyDelete