Tuesday 5 February 2019

From IannickM - Gggg-ghosts!!!!!!! (17pts)

This week we have the start of my Undead Oldhammer project with three Ethereal creatures, making up my Ethereal Host.

I got tempted by the latest fad and did that green Ethereal effect. I've always been puzzled by how to do proper ghosts and well this is the best look I've seen. For all the sh*t I give GW for many of their new models, I have to admit their new technical paints and washes are superb products. In this case, I used Nihilakh Oxide mixed with Lahmian medium over an Ionrach Skin base and then highlighted with Ionrach skin and Deepkin Flesh. It's pretty rare actually that I use almost exclusively GW paints on a figure, my paints of choice being Foundry and Andreas.

For a very first try with no tests beforehand I am quite happy with my results! I wanted the Host to tie together so all three figures were painted the same way. Yeah, my Wraith ain't black, big deal.
The Wraith is from Foundry's (now carried by their sister company Warmonger) fantasy Undead range, and I will admit preferring it to Citadel Oldhammer Wraith. It's huge, and I find the chains and the skeleton very evocative of what a Wraith is. It also looks like a 150pts creature in Warhammer.
Then we have two ghosts to round up the Host. One is an absolute classic and maybe my favourite undead model from the Oldhammer (79-92) era. He was originally sold as a "Headless Ghost", part of the Night Horrors range. I love how he came out, and had a ton of fun painting him.


The last ghost is obviously from the same range as the Wraith, a smaller version. He's the add-on figure I painted on the last day of the month. It's a cute figure and I will use it as another Ghost.

I used round bases as it seemed more evocative of the wandering nature of ghosts and ethereals in Warhammer.


Fine prints : 2x28mm Ghosts : 10pts
1x40mm Wraith : 7pts
17pts


Sc-c-c-arry! Not sure why but I feel like screaming "yikes Scoob, lets get out of here" and then running in and out of the room... Maybe I just need to take my medication. Lovely work on these, this is a colour scheme that looks excellent but I have never mastered so I'm suitably impressed. 17 points it is. 
Lee

12 comments:

  1. Nice work Iannick - very spooky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Lee, the colour achieved is great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice effect, that headless ghost is absolutely brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done, super ghostly effect 👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like these, great work Iannick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done Yannick, really like the headless guy. Someone get Lee some Scooby snacks, we need to use him to lure the ghosts out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking ghosts! Love the effect!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful brushwork Iannick! I like the mix of 'real' object withe the spectral ghosts. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comments guys!

    ReplyDelete