Tuesday 5 February 2019

From TamsinP: 28mm SciFi Terrain (40 points)


This should be the first of two entries from me this week. It's actually the second that I started, but it was finished first for, well, reasons.

Last year, Warlord Games released their Strontium Dog range. Let's just say that I might have bought a pack or two of the figures (you will be seeing them very soon). I knew I'd need some suitable terrain, besides the bits that came with the starter set, so I looked around and found some bits from Warbases. Of course, to use those I had to consume a few cans of fizzy-pop - the sacrifices we make for our hobby.

From the starter set (made by Sarissa Precision for Warlord):

Solar panels

Shack



Watch tower and wind generator


From Warbases:





These should give me a variety of cover and height options. At some point I'll need to make up some rock formations and barricades.

Points-wise, these fill up just a smidgeon over two terrain cubes so that should be 40 points toward my target.



Nice terrain and plenty of it, you have been busy. They look nicely weathered and I like the use of some more unusual colours like that metallic bluebottle green on those tanks. Not a colour that gets used often I'd guess. 
Lee

9 comments:

  1. Great looking sci-fi terrain! Love it!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. That terrain looks like a lot of fun to play over, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff Tamsin and really like the soda cans conversions!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Lee - thanks! I used pearlised airbrush paints from Createx for the cans - I think they worked nicely :)

    @ Iain - cheers! :)

    @ Fran - who doesn't? Fools, that's who! :)

    @ Ken - thanks! SciDo - sounds like some futuristic martial art ;)

    @ Martin C - cheers! :)

    @ Stuart - thanks! I hope it will make for fun games :)

    @ Christopher - cheers! :)

    @ Barks - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete