Tuesday 5 February 2019

From: ChristopherS - Weathered Boarded House (20pts.)



The weathered boarded house from Hovels terrain is a nice little piece made out of resin that I had for a while in my to do closet. I first tried an airbrush on it, but didn't like the result and decided to completely redo the house using my tried and true method using craft paints and mig pigments.



I really have always liked Hovel terrain pieces as I find they contain a lot of character and are great value for money. Strangely it's imperfections is where the appeal comes from. I still have several more in the line up that I hope to get to at some point.



It's a very useful piece of terrain that can be used for multiple periods, in particular, North America where a good portion of my projects take place.



Hopefully, I'm able to keep on track producing terrain this year as would really like to add quite a few more features for future games as I feel I'm falling behind in this aspect.


So that's one standard size 28mm building for 20pts. I believe.

Thanks for viewing!
Miniature Company- Hovels


Nice building. I've seen several of these buildings and your right, they have a lot of character. You've painted this up nicely, I like the rough lived in feeling this building conveys. It'll look really good on the games table. 
Lee

12 comments:

  1. love the dead bear. nice job

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a smashing bit of terrain, fit to grace any table !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant weathering on the shack Christopher :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks marvelous, the weathering of the wood is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking piece of terrain!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful look shack, Christopher. I can just imagine some weird, 2nd Amendment hermit holed-up in that cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice - what craft paints/colours do use to get such a realistic weathering effect?

    Love the skin on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice; the bear is a good touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really convincing work - excellent weathering.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone for the comments and I wish the bear skin was my idea, but it comes part of the model.:-)

    @Scooba

    I used Lukas Brown Ochre with some white mixed in later plus a brown wash followed by MIG pigments.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete