Tuesday 5 February 2019

From SanderS - Vorwärts! (140 points?)

Hoi,

A serious case of the flu and work kept me from posting last week and pretty much from painting as well. But last weekend saw me put that right. So here are two totally different types of units I would like to show you guys.

First up is a model that has been awaiting painting for nigh on 10 years! It's my all metal Old Skool Dark Angels Dreadnaught. I have started painting it, stripped it and restarted about 4 times over the years and now what with the boy being all into Space Marines I decided that he would have to be done this Challenge. So here he is.








Next up some figures that are really special to me because of several reasons. So what figures are they? Well 7YW Austrians in 20mm or 1:72 scale from HäT. These will be available in HäT's MAC format i.e. Marching, Action and Command sets, here you can see figures of all 3 different boxes combined. This is due to the fact that these are "test-shots" meaning: pre-production test runs of the figures. I am lucky enough to have a long-standing close working relation with the HäT company and sometimes test shots find their way over to me.


Them being testshots makes them special, but they are also special for a reason I am not yet allowed to disclose but it's also the reason they do not have a colour yet since I want to rework a standard Austrian colour for that.  Well enough of the shady talk, I have painted them up as the Infanterie Regiment 30, Sachsen-Gotha. This was a regiment formed of citizens of the Austrian Netherlands which encompassed the region where I now live. As an aside note, my wife and myself got married under the watchful gaze of Empress Maria Theresia herself hanging from the city hall wall. Anyway here are some more pictures.





Now, where does this leave me points-wise? Not sure what amount of points the Dread will be: technically I guess it's a 28mm vehicle so 20 points? But I would understand Lee giving me 15. There are 29 figures in 20mm so that would be 116 points so say 131 points?






Ooo very nice. I love the oldskool Dreadnought, I reckon it was worth the false starts because this time you've hit the bullseye. I'm counting this as a vehicle so you get 20 points for this. The 7YW Austrians are very nice but I think you've cut yourself short on points because you have 28 foot and one mounted figure earning you 120 points, adding up to a solid 140 points for todays entry. Nicely done sir. 
Lee

24 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff, love the big Robot thingy !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the pictures don't do it justice but I like it too.

      Delete
  2. Lovely dread and great Austrians!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. An eclectic submission, very nice work (especially the dread!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving the robot thingy - really should read up on my sci fi terminology

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah Martin, just stick with Robot-thingy everyone knows what you mean :-)

      Delete
  5. Blimey .. a varied entry.. very nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work on the Austrians and the Dread.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work Sanders in particular the Austrians.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  8. 10 years seems to worked a charm as that Dred looks fabulous Sander. All metal?! Wow, that is an old school casting. Good on you getting him done. The Austrians are fabulous as well. 'Test Shots'?! What a wonderful treat to get the inside track on these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup all metal apart from two plastic bits added to give it some more flavour. The testshots are very great to receive and paint up. They also are a way to catch mistakes in the process before the figures go into production.

      Delete
  9. Dark Angels with feathers, as intended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right you are! And no Primaris marines will enter the ranks of my chapter either!

      Delete