Monday 10 February 2020

From RayR: Rousell's Sandhill - Down The Pub! (80 Points)



I had a very enjoyable balloon ride over the mountain to Rousell's Sandhill so thought I could top off a great day's ballooning with a trip down the pub with some of the Challenge Gang.


Its a floppy hat extravaganza!
Well 4 of 'em anyway?


Barkeep Noel brings out another jug of ale for the lads, while his battleaxe of a Mrs, Tamsin
watches making sure poor old Noel doesn't spill a drop!



Farmer Miles is sitting down quaffing his beer chatting to and Elderman Sander, 
who as usual is accompanied by his partner in crime Arthur the Badger. Many an afternoon poor Arthur has been seen dragging his plastered owner Sander by the collar back to Hollandais House. 


Dr Docherty stands puffing his pipe, while town baker Mr Mundy tries to hand over some coins for the beer. But battleaxe Tamsin will make him walk round to her!!!
"Don't dare cross the women" the Doctor whispers "Remember last time?"



The figures are from Col Bill's 17th Century Inn set and can be bought for the princely sum of £10.
Arthur the Badger is from Warbases costing £1.50. 
Most of the tufts are from Rousell's tuffty machine, I'll take any bonus points I can?

Points mean prizes so......

30 points for the figures
? for the Badger
? for the table and benches
30 points for Rousell's Sandhill
                                                  5 points for adding a Badger to the base.

***

Floppy hats, badgers, food and a pint! Well, I can't think of a more fitting submissions for Ray's visit to his own place on Challenge Island. Well done Ray.

Let's see...for points, I'll make the badger 2 points, and the tables 8 points, and 5 points for the amount of abuse we all enjoy heaping on Ray.  So that will be 80 points all together! 

Important minion note - continued abuse will be heaped on Ray. Please proceed.  Floppy hats all around!

GregB

19 comments:

  1. Ray, Ray , Ray, you do love to push buttons and live dangerously don’t you? Great work on the figures, but any and all abuse will be well earned. You’d have been safer stuffing the badger in your budgie smugglers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume they are drinking prohibition. Top stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Battleaxe? Battleaxe? I'll give you what for, you floppy-hatted irresponsible excuse for a badger! ;)

    Nice figures Ray, but do watch your back! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suggest watching your beer in case any “enhancements” find their way into your pint.

      Delete
    2. I shall do just that M'lady!

      Delete
  4. What I want to know is who's been 3D modelling my body-shape - it's copyright protected, you realise - I'm expecting the call from Vague any day now.
    Excellent painting, only exceeded by the narrative characterisation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tgem that gave me permission to use your likeness Noel.

      Delete
  5. A very nice piece Ray and one that kust gives a smile to the face.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great affectionate vignette!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. And there's me being all nice and soft to you and you stab me in... ELDERman?! Yes I turned 40 this January, but I don't have to be badgered about it!

    I'll let you know what Arthur says ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I thought you'd like it.

      Delete
    2. Arthur said: "Dad how does Ray know you're an alcoholic?" No seriously he laughed a lot about you making him a badger, we actually had a badger visiting our garden last summer!

      Delete
  8. Fab stuff, I could do with a pint right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fun set of spectators to a battle!

    ReplyDelete