Monday 10 February 2020

From MikeF: 30K Militia Armored Sentinels - (30 Points)

Continuing with my 30k Imperial Militia army, I've completed a squadron of Armored Sentinels armed with lascannons (and chain weapons for funsies). The cool thing about the 30k period is the technology is more diverse and in some cases more advanced than 40k. I imagine that equivalent vehicles like sentinels would be developed independently from the Forge Worlds before and during the Great Crusade with innovation subsequently being declared tech heresy after the Siege of Terra. This allows for a more liberal use of proxy models (not that I could ever use it in a GW tournament, but when would I ever go to one of those!)

I used models from the now defunct game AT 43. These are UNA battlesuits with bits added from Ork Meganobz and Lascannons from Anvil Industry. I think our game group had a copy of AT-43, but it was "permanently borrowed" by a former member.



Although the saws look dangerous, these guys have no business being in close combat.


I figure 30 points for this unit. They are technically vehicles, but are only a bit bigger than the Ogryns I painted. They're more in line with an artillery piece or cavalry model.

***
Great work Mike - it has been really neat to see how you fuse a variety of different bits - some from GW, but many from other sources, and still bring it together very nicely in a way that fits so well into the 30k/40k setting.  I know they shouldn't be in close combat, but perhaps the chain saws are more likely intended for use on the more common targets of the Auxilia, things they would "handle" before the Horus Heresy started...like protesters, or people who fall behind on rent payments, academics who missed a comma in their papers praising The Emperor...

I do recall our brief flirtation AT 43...ah, those were the days...anyway, 30 points for you. These are looking great, can't wait to see them on the table. 

GregB

8 comments:

  1. Great looking heavy sentinels!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on these 'off-licence' walkers, Mike. I would think every planet in the 30K universe would have non-STC technology like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done! Have some of those suits myself... somewhere.

    ReplyDelete