Friday 6 March 2020

From JezT: Gothic Wars Part 2 - Goth (110 points)

Dear All,

Second part of this batch of figures. Always a soft spot for Goths as my first unit for the challenge four years ago was a unit of Goth Archers. As normal these are all based for use playing Impetus - in this submission I was painting some new rear rank foot figures to create a better looking deep warband. Previously was just using some skirmishers to represent a back rank ... no wonder I kept losing .........

The unbased figures are:




These figures are all Foundry with an odd horse from somewhere. Firstly just added one cavalry scout figure to an existing base to give 3 cavalry on a base, which is my usual amount for light cavalry. Pleased to do this as the scout base was from another competition entry and the missing odd figure was bothering me. I like the pointing figures here in the final basing.


Next up we have the foot figures and here I based as a 5 figure back rank with a switch to put the standard bearer on the front base of an existing unit. These are the finished full warbands with the new 10 figures mainly at the back.



Finally have the extra unit of Goth cavalry.



I have now got all my Goth cavalry in one file box with some skirmishers which is an Ostrogothic Basic Impetus army in a box - this has the typical 10 units to fight a battle. All cavalry with some screening archers - no point being defensive with this army it needs to get stuck in.


The Goths are very flexible so if I switch and add in foot I can play a more Visigothic army and of course all the Goths can be part  of a Late Roman army as federate troops.

All together the new figures are 6 cavalry and 10 foot so should be 110 points.

Cheers Jez



I opened this post thinking that maybe it was about combat between fans of Sisters  of Mercy and those of Fields of the Nephilim but, no, it's about those ancient folks who sacked Rome!

Nice additions to the army Jez..

TamsinP


4 comments:

  1. Great looking Goths! It's super that you can use them in lots of different armies!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great Goths there mate well done! Great choice of colours!

    ReplyDelete