Friday 6 March 2020

From JasperO: Three Germans walk into a BAR (20 points)

To be honest, it would be a first when newly painted minis perform well on the tabletop, but obviously that's the hope. I've been plugging away on my American platoon for Chain of Command, last year's project, ahem..., ever since the previous Challenge. These four BAR-gunners should provide some needed support for the infantry platoon that's otherwise light on MGs.


The top two figures are from the Empress ww2 range, the other two are Perry. The left-hand one is a plastic figure, the right in metal. I'm sort of planning to paint more figures than I strictly need so I can adapt the 'look' on whether the setting is Normandy, fall/winter '44, or spring 1945.



The six other figures, all Empress, got finished during the current Challenge, but were well underway before it started so they're just here for decoration. Four 28mm figures should be 20 points.





Or in this case they walk into four BARs. Smashing work Jasper!

TamsinP

6 comments:

  1. Great work on these WWII Yanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking light machine gunners!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant work Jasper, I always 'overstaff' my CoC platoons, always good to have an extra squad to use for support. Nice variation in schemes as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really sounded as a bad joke! Luckily the figures are top notch Jasper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work. I like the ammo bearer with his arm out.

    ReplyDelete