Friday 6 March 2020

Reidy's Reef from PeteF: Master and Commander (35 points)



This mini was a freebie with the Black Powder 2 rules. I didn't think I'd ever have a reason to try and paint this tiny Russell Crowe until Reidy's Reef's nautical theme was announced. I don't do any skirmishy type games from this period. Yet.




The figure came with a wood deck base and was fun to paint. I found a couple of pictures from the film to check the uniform colours. I've no idea if the uniform is historically accurate - it seems to be - I'd not fancy repelling boarders wearing a heavy jacket with all that gold trim.



I've not read any of the books but very much enjoyed the film - Russell Crowe was great as Jack Aubrey. Plus Ships! Guns! Outsmarting Frenchies! 


I'm within sight of visiting every location on Challenge Island if I can get my backside in gear over the final two week stretch. Four to go. One 28mm figure and a new location for 35 points.





Very nice painting Pete. Jack does seem to have made a number of appearances in this Challenge and the last, and I expect we may see him again next time.

TamsinP

7 comments: