Friday 6 March 2020

From TeemuL: Lost in Time (and Space) in Roundwood's Tower (55 points)

"Thank you Lady Sarah for the ride!"
"Winter is NOT coming! Winter is going!"
"We need to find the Snowlord before the winter is gone."
"Not having a decent map and getting lost doesn't help. While looking around, we might be lost in time as well..."
"What is this place? Monkey Island? Planet of the Apes?"
"Now! Up that hill and on the double!"


This might not be exactly what was requested for this map lot, but on the other hand it is spot on. The entry is about messing the history, or history of fictional future, which was basically 1960s, so it is history...


These are Simian Minions from Crooked Dice and although they are not licensed, it is not hard to guess what they are supposed to be. I bought these some time ago and now I found a reason to paint them.
























I added Hugo Solomon from Crooked Dice as well, should be enough messing with history now, if it was not before. :) I tried to paint him in the 1960s style, at least he is colorful. After these, I have no unpainted Crooked Dice miniatures left. They seem to have moved from Sales approach to Kickstarter approach, and I'm not much into that. Anyway, they have mounted Simians as well, so I guess I need to do some shopping.

This is my fifth location on the island, so now I'm going to the Peak. Wish me luck, I have my lucky squirrel with me...

Twisting of history at Roundwood's Tower

Points wise, 5 metal 28 miniatures for 25 points and 30 points for location is 55 points. That should get me above my 500 point target, which is quite modest (even for me), but I have been quite busy with renovation of our home and my son's football practices etc. Total of 3 miniature games this year and it is March, so I have been really busy with other stuff!




*checks pocket* "Hmm, no, my time travel device is still here. I haven't a clue where they got hold of one from."

Nice Simians and adventurer Teemu! Good luck with your ascent of Snowlord's Peak!

TamsinP

5 comments:

  1. What a great looking (and characterful) bunch of minis Teemu! I especially like the somewhat raucous sartorial style of Hugo. Those yellow shoes are fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely looking 1960's time travelling miniatures!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like these a lot. Hugo’s clothes and shoes are the Boss...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the location I fear the most since I have no idea yet what to paint for it, but you sir nailed it spot on! Great painting, specially the apes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, for one, welcome our new overlords. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete