Wednesday 4 March 2020

From TomG: Going All Medieval/Renaissance (45 points)

Hello one and all, I hope you've been well and enjoying the awesome content, as I have, when you find time to. 
In my long awaited return to posting, here are some War of the Roses minis I had painted at the beginning of the year, but, as you'll see in a minute, I've been a bit preoccupied. 

The models are from Perry Miniatures, and we're both a delight and easy to paint. These are just the armoured infantry, leaving me with a number of archers to get sorted in due time. But until they are all sorted the banners will stay off... mainly so I can decide which design to put on them. 


From the back you get a better look at my red and yellow chap, who I was very happy with, but he mainly came out from an unexpected experiment with the GW contrast yellow paint, when I mistook it for their yellow wash. I wanted each man to look different in an effort to give them a more mercenary look, which I feel has been achieved to some degree. 

Now, as for my absence, my wife and I were very fortunate to welcome our 5th child in to the world on the 18th Feb, so I present to you all Kalliope and her very proud Dad. 

Mummy and baby are both doing really well, so I'll be back to painting very soon, and hopefully with a bit more late medieval/early renaissance for you all, even my first attempt at a hand made banner! 

Points - 9x28mm = 45pts (I think haha)



Firstly, congrats on the new addition to your clan! Secondly, nice work on the MAAs - gotta love some WoTR heavies!

TamsinP

11 comments:

  1. Lovely little fellow and the Perry figures are great too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new addition. Fine looking WoR lads too,

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5th?! God damn!

    Good job on the armour

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful figures and congratulations on the new addition to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice armour work and congrats on the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work on these Tom. Congratulations on the addition to the family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fifth! Crikey, I feel two is a handful

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How many points does he get for turning out Kalliope?

    ReplyDelete