Wednesday 4 March 2020

From StephenS: A mixed bag (77 points)

Hi,

This post is a mix of bits and pieces from the Marvel: Crisis Protocol boxed set.

First up is Spider-Man, the black lines seem to have dulled the red more than I would have liked, but I'm happy with the finished product.




Next is all the scenery and vehicles that come with the start set. The decals are from Green Stuff World. I've painted the traffic lights with the symbols we use here in Sydney, and my son has been having a ball getting all my models to cross the road safely.







Everything is plastic and the scale is all 40 mm. One figure (7), two vehicles (50) and about a cubes worth of terrain (20) should be a tidy (and much needed) 77 points.


Cheers,

Steve

I really love this submission. Spiderman is my favourite superhero and he looks great. i really like the clean colours on the terrain, feels and looks just right. Note the maths says 40mm vehicles are 20 points on the spreadsheet. THis will be a maths issue with the spreadsheet - I blame Peter. I have tweaked your points to 25 for each

Martin

9 comments:

  1. Love the paintwork. The terrain looks fantastic especially the glass effects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Stephen. :)

    I'm not sure if you painted the red over the black or did he black lining after painting the red. Either way, red really benefits from lots of thin layers to build up the colour saturation.

    @ Martin - I think in this case the spreadsheet issue was a mistake by our resident mathaumaturgist, Miles, but I concur that we should blame Peter. Or perhaps Ray? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not everything is my fault! If Martin posts on my days he may find see something that is my fault.

    Great stuff in spider and spidery scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These really look the business. Both Spidey and the building look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking spiderman and terrain! Mathsmistake? How many more kittens have to die?!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is amazing. Spidey is wonderful but I have to say I'm so impressed with the terrain. I particularly like the traffic signals!

    ReplyDelete