Wednesday 4 March 2020

From JasperO: Pioniere im Angriff! (45 points)

I barely made landfall at Douglas' Shallows last December and then found that I hadn't planned very well for the expedition to follow. Then came PolderCon which required its own work, so let's see how far I get in the remaining weeks! Machetes at the ready! These Pioniere actually seem to have something else in mind to deal with the flora and fauna of Challenge Island, as they make their way across Cook's Crevasse. At least, I hope they qualify as engineers for that location.


They are, left to right, a metal Black Tree figure digging for something (stones, diamonds, loaded dice), a Warlord metal flamethrower, and a Warlord mine detecting Pionier. I used a Late War plastic Grenadier body for the latter.


Black Tree minis, as far as I have them, seem to be very hit or miss, but I really like the pose of this guy, busily using his entrenching tool. Painted up very easily as well.


The metal arms for the mine detecting Pionier fit the plastic body with the proper application of some force. He painted up nicely, though I'm puzzled why the sculptor decided to give him two watches (or a watch and some other decorative wristband? I guess I'm being square).



Honour bids that I admit to painting the flame for this flamethrower dude a long time ago. I probably stopped because the casting of the left side of his face looked like he'd been on the wrong end of a flamethrower himself. For the Challenge, everything apart from the flame was repainted and the damage hidden as much as possible (note strategic photography angle...). If they apply to Cook's Crevasse and the flamethrower man counts, that's 45 points I think?



Do they apply to Cooke's Crevasse? Well, one of those engineers is looking for mines, mines are tunnels dug into rocks and mine is the beginning of minerals...so, yes, I think these engineers count.

TamsinP

6 comments:

  1. Great looking pioneers!
    All the best
    Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking pioneers. And yes flamethrower dude might be in line for some OH&S training -maybe he should spend less time fussing over wrist jewelery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cover Tamsin.

    Brilliant brushwork and strategic set dressing Jasper. I especially like your flame effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Jasper - where/how did the flame effect come about? That is super neat. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work- I like the goggles!

    ReplyDelete