Wednesday 4 March 2020

From JamieM - My Tribute to Nat (20 points)

Just a quick post from me today.  As you may recall, I have painted some aeronefs and a shuttle as part of this challenge.  These were designed by a close gaming mate of mine, Nathan, who had them produced through Blotz.  He really enjoyed designing using CAD and didn't want it to feel like a job, so getting them designed and made was part of his hobby.

Unfortunately, Nathan passed away from a heart attack at the back end of last week, leaving a wife and two young children.

I've been lucky enough to have a really close bunch of wargaming mates for about the last 15 years since I got back into the hobby and Nat was an absolutely key member of that group.  We're all absolutely devastated.

As part of trying to process the situation I decided to finish another one of the shuttles he designed and make it a tribute to him.  I fully intend for it to be on the battlefield whenever possible when we play games going forward.


A slightly battered shuttle that still does the business.


Blinged up a little


I know Nat had a whole load of designs bouncing around in his head, including expanding the sci fi range.


20 points for the 28mm shuttle and I'll leave you with some encouragement to let your fellow gamers know how much they mean to you the next time you see them, I know I will be doing so.




That's a nicely battered shuttle Jamie and a splendid tribute to Nathan.

TamsinP

7 comments:

  1. Lovely looking shuttle and lovely sentiments!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on the shuttle and a fine tribute to your mate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great work Jamie. So sorry to hear about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terribly sorry to hear of your friend's passing, Jamie. As you say, it's at these times that one needs to take stock and appreciate your friends and family. A great tabletop tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is terrible news Jamie. You've painted a fine memorial in miniature form.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deepest condolences for your loss. What a nice tribute to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful weathering on a nice memento.

    ReplyDelete