Wednesday 4 March 2020

From PaulSS: Sarah's Balloon - Self-rescuing Princess (7 points)


So it had to happen, Victoria and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at Disneyland this past week and got quite immersed in the whole Galaxy's Edge "Batuu" thing.

Before we went I had already bought Victoria the Boba Fett model so that I could paint it up for an anniversary gift for her.

Next thing we know we are back in the Hoth-like Wisconsin and at our local game store and we decide to drop some cash on getting started with Star Wars: Legion:


As Victoria had already bagged playing the Empire and had the aforementioned Boba Fett I thought I should start off with a character too and decided to go for the Princess Leia command booster.

Who cannot turn down "Her Worshipfulness" to be leading your troops?


It's a fairly nice figure but the pose does feel rather awkward, she is sort of crouching, sort of running.


Like Boba Fett it was a really quick paint job of base-coat, wash, highlights that did not take too long at all.


As I've now embarked on a new project I suppose that the logical destination for a Lady Sarah Balloon Tour would be Reidy's Reef on the Path of the New Shiny.

A 40mm figure should be another 7pts to my total.



The pose may look awkward, but you've doe a great job of painting the Princess nonetheless. Now, where's that scruffy looking nerfherder?

TamsinP

14 comments:

  1. I see what you mean about the pose but the painting is really effective!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work on her Paul. Good luck with your new project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, I hope to get a load of stuff posted before the challenge ends.

      Delete
  3. Great work on Leia, Paul, but I agree, my knees ache just looking at the posing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see what you mean about the pose, but a nice paint job and your purchases should be enough to “dip your toe” into Star Wars legion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie, there have been subsequent purchased ;)

      Delete
  5. 🎈🎈 Lady S is thrilled to welcome the Princess aboard the Balloon Service. Complimentary Full Service Spa and Hair Salon for today’s passengers🎈🎈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the spa is most useful I need to get these plaits brushed out and re-done

      Delete