Monday 21 December 2020

From StuartL - Dungeon Decor - 21 points

Well here we are at my second post for the challenge.

Continuing with the Chambers of Challenge, it's time to enter the Pit of the Pendulum. In the Pit, the mighty Snowlord has asked for something torturous, so that is what I have gone for. Considering the hell we put our host through every year, I guess most of us challengers deserve a quick visit to the Pit.


These pieces are all from Reaper Miniatures, specifically their Bones range. Cast in soft, bendy plastic, they hold a surprising amount of detail and are cheap as chips if you get them through one of their Kickstarters. 


These three pieces should make nice set dressing for my regular D&D games, once we get back to being able to hold them.


As terrain elements, these three pieces of torture chamber equipment have a total volume of about 3 cubic inches. This works out as being about 1.4% of an AHPC terrain cube, or roughly 0.28 points. Unless one of the Minions, or the Snowlord himself disagree, I am going to round that up to 1 full point, plus 20 for completing the Pit of the Pendulum, giving me a grand total of 21 points here.

19 comments:

  1. A great interpretation of the theme Stuart! To me they are like figures so I'm going to give you 12 points as a base, so 32 points total.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment and for the points.

      Delete
  2. I nearly picked up that Iron Maiden in my LGS at the weekend for the same reason.
    Smart work on this trio of torturous devices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pieces and fit the theme well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a similar entry coming...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Given the theme of the challenge area I expect to see a few similar entries.

      Delete
  5. This is an interesting original entry, curious set of pieces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had been lying in my collection for a while and this seemed the best opportunity to use them.

      Delete
  6. You're building yourself quite a torture chamber there. I am glad that it is in 28mm though! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. 28mm is by far my preferred scale. 1:1 scale hobby projects take too long and I don't have a large enough brush for painting them.

      Delete
  7. Really nice pieces, Stuart. Do I mean "nice"? Really nasty pieces, Stuart.
    Going to be tough in the Squirrel side-challenge at 0.28 points an entry, though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need to increase my productivity 100 fold and I should be ok.

      Delete
  8. Very nice! I am doing much the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some quality items for keeping the kids quiet on Xmas day 😉

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unpleasant collection of items, nice!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice figure of Maggie Thatcher

    ReplyDelete