Monday 21 December 2020

PaulS: Entering the hall of traps (25 points)

And so on day 1 of the challenge, we enter the first of the many rooms within the dungeon... the Hall of Traps. One of my themes throughout the challenge will be to build up my Necromunda collection as well as work my way through a 7TV backlog of... stuff.

With the theme of traps, there were a few different directions I could go in... but the most apt one I could think of was the murderbot that turns up in one of the Necromunda scenarios. This thing disguises itself as one of the gang members on the board, eventually going on a murderous rampage against everyone. 

Thanks to the Crooked Dice post apocalypse kickstarter, I had the perfect figure lined up for this one, though I can't seem to find him on their store any more... just variations on him.






17 comments:

  1. Lovely looking killer robot!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super MurderBot, Paul! I like the smokestack rising from his MurderBackpack (TM). I'm sure it's perfectly safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not even going to ask where you're supposed to shovel the coal in...

      Delete
  3. That's a cool cyborg/steamborg/mechanical killy thing!

    Something gladiatorial about him, as though he was put together for the arena but has run out of adversaries. Has he been lying in wait for a party of potential sparring partners? Just don't strike that gong on the wall, that's all I'm saying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking mini. I love the weathering and blood splatter, they really bring out the character* of the figure.

    *A homicidal death machine by the looks of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHat a nasty bit of work that thing is! I’m with Curt on the coal fired stove power.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just goes to show you can't trust technology. Dastardly deceitful drone doing dreadful damage. A very worthy entry, I'd say!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that retro-robot!! It could easily feature a B-series movie in the 50s

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice brushwork, Paul! He definitely looks very necromundia! I like the details you've added with the splatters and grime. A very fine sculpt. He seems a lot like Blaster minus the Master.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool model, and nice painting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cracking work Paul! That's a real nice sculpt. Would be perfect for Necromunda as well. Gotta check out the Crooked Dice selection then. Never realized they had minis like this as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have soooo much good stuff in their catalogue

      Delete
  11. And there's more on day 1 👍🏼 great looking fig

    ReplyDelete