Saturday 6 February 2021

From BenitoM: The Hatchery - FieldGrey Birds (50 points)

As I mentioned in previous posts, this year's Pianting Challnege is becoming specially challenging for those of us more inclined to the historical dimension of the hobby. I was facing a real conundrum with my entry for the next Island's chamber: The Hatchery. Something that flies and is coming from a hatch?

 


As you see I finally found an answer... unless señor Snowlord have a different opinion. But what best that a paratrooper as something that flies and emerges from a Junkers ( = a 3-engine hatch)?


 

These are more leftovers from my late war Fallschirmjaeger project of three years ago, reinfoced with a another box to build an entire new early war unit. 

 



I think I explained in a previous post that they will be eventually used in a crazy project of playing an Operation Mercury campaign using Advanced Squad Leader. If that fails, they will still make a good show in some Blitzkrieg 40 games using Chain of Command 

The models are 28mm Warlord's plastics and have a phenomenal sculpting. In a previous post I also mentioned a mistake I made during my research: the models wear the gasmask tin; however in airborne operations this was too burdenson and contemporary photos in Crete show the FJs noy using them. These were acrually added to the kit much later, when the German paratroopers were deployed as traditional infantry units.

 


If this entry is valid to score as The Hatch theme,  I should be earning 50 points, 

6 x 28mm models @ 5 points each = 30 points

Bonus =   20 points

6 comments:

  1. These are great FJs Benito. You might also argue that the weapon canisters are vaguely egg like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Bento, and I would not object to these fellows getting full points, you can also claim Eagle cap badges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today’s minion accepts your use of theme, they fly (sort of) and that’s pretty avian.

    Nice painting too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely looking airborne!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete