Saturday 6 February 2021

KenR : The Larder : Bantams Burgers - 40 points

 

This entry will bring the end to my journey through Level 1 of the Chambers and also to my Bradford City theme, which I have had great fun with over five posts including this one.

There is nothing like a greasy burger to line the stomach before a few pints on the way home from the match and your genial hosts Pat and Terry will serve you a fine burger containing at least 0.5% meat, a compot of caramelised onions & Wakefield salad all on a freshly defrosted bread cake. All followed up by a mug of Yarkshire Tea with 10 sugars.

The Burger Van is in 28mm and comes from Ainsty Castings who do a wide range of stuff that you didn't know you needed. Points wise there are 20 for the Chamber, 2 x 28mm figs at 5 points each plus 10 points for the van, I don't think its terrain, it could be a 28mm vehicle (?) so I went for the middle ground of a crew served weapon, which to be honest is what one of Pats over cooked eggs could be classed as !

I'll use this in my 28mm Sweeney Cops and Robbers games, it fits in quite nicely on the forecourt of Daleys Motors. Normal service will resume next week when Principes 2 hit the table. UP THE CHICKENS 🐔 



25 comments:

  1. Nicely painted and very original entry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! A great idea for the Chamber, and excellent execution. I'm sure I've seen that exact Burger Van somewhere between Dewsbury and Wakefield!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the type of fast food that makes me glad to be celiac! I’m sure that fare is contrary to the Geneva convention. However the strong tea with extra sugar would go down well on a cold day like today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Peter, the strength of the Tea will kill any known disease 👍

      Delete
    2. I can handle it. I grew up in a part of the world where the tea was left all day in the pot on a burner set on low and topped up with water and additional bags as required.

      Delete
    3. I think we call that stew 😁

      Delete
  4. That's a fantastic addition to the table, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. After the game? Surely a pint and a burger is for beforehand.
    Great work on the salmonella delivery mechanism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul, before and after if your stomach can take it 👍

      Delete
  6. Ken, this is awesome, nice piece for your Sweeny project. You’ve got a really good weather beaten effect on the trailer, really brings it to life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A handy bacon sarnie after a hard say chasing lowlife 👍

      Delete
  7. Splendid looking burger bar!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful entry - I wonder what rating they got from their latest hygiene inspection?!?!? Made me smile to be reminded of the burger and ‘bab vans I’ve frequented I the past......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you get minus numbers on a hygiene rating 🤔

      Delete
  9. two with extra mayo !

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete