Monday 8 February 2021

From JohnS - Still Wandering Around Spain With Flags (45 pts)

 This weeks sees me still on the Sunny Spanish Peninsula (at least in my imagination) with the colour parties for my Spanish Militia.


This is actually two colour parties for two different battalions. The right colour is the Coronela normally carried by the First Battalion. Traditionally the 1st Battalion is half grenadiers but the Militia grenadier companies were split from their parent units and formed into Provincial Grenadier Regiments.


The other colour (the one like a spikey red cross) is the Sencilla (or Ordenanza) carried by the 2nd battalion. As neither battalion now contained grenadiers they were entirely fusilier battalions so the different flags is a useful way to differentiate them.


I have also completed an officer to accompany them, based differently and seperately from the fusiliers to allow me flexiblity in usage across games systems. All my Napoleonics do duty in Sharpe Practice II, General D'Armee and Black Powder.

Why no fusilier bases to accompany the colours this week? I am a bit distracted by 1:1 scale scenery painting (house renos are not fun and eat into hobby time) and I have managed to paint up 9 fusiliers with 3 different uniform colour schemes/cuffs. Not enough to make a four man base out of any of them...maybe they will join us next week. 

So nine 28mm figures completed this week @ 5 ea = 45 points

10 comments:

  1. Lovely looking pair of colour parties!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. coming along nicely John

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking grand mate! I hope they fight as good as they look :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous looking standard-bearers. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking colour stands, gotta love a Burgundian cross. I had a good chuckle about the 9 fusiliers from three different regiments. Sounds like my degree of organization

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work John, good luck with the rounding up of the stray fusiliers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely looking colour party 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice figures - if you can figure out how to enter your 1:1 project that could be worth a lot of points.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my secret points bomb! How many 6 inch cubes in a 5 bedroom house.....???

      Delete