Monday 8 February 2021

KenR : 28mm Principes Part Deux - 160 points

 

No alarms and no surprises with this entry, guess what, it's more Allied Italian Legion ! We are nearly done know just 1 Cavalry, 1 Triarii unit and a Command Base to go.

This is the second group of 32 Principes for the Legion, 8 figs a base on 60 x 60 bases, Victrix figures (with one Agema Miniatures to make up numbers) and LBMS Shield transfers. Definitely one of the best things I did 8n this Challenge was doing all the shield transfers in one day at the start, made life so much easier later

Points wise its nice and easy to work out, 32 x 28mm figures at 5 points a piece is a nice round 160 points.

On the plus side I haven't run out of white paint yet 🙃 

Just to finish is the Project progress picture, not much MDF left. Things will slow down a bit for the next couple of weeks as work takes over but looking at the above photo I'm confident that the Project will be completed in time for March 21st.

28 comments:

  1. Nice to see this project progressing so well, Ken. Your idea of doing all the shields first is a great one that I'll use - definitely has been the most fiddly part of my Punic project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pain doing it, but now that they are it makes life so much easier. Doing them together I got in a bit of groove and sped through them.

      Delete
  2. Splendid looking princeps! They look great eating up the MDF!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work! I’m looking forward to the triarii..... Will they be standing on the rearmost MDF or on the side? From my (very) limited knowledge of the period I’m guessing the back line?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie, Triarii to the rear, the side bases are for a second Cavalry unit (these are Italian Allies rather than Romans andbthey tended to have twice the number of horse.

      Delete
  4. This is very impressive and I’m confident you’ll knock it over in time. Keen to see what happens with the big circular MDF base!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Barks, thats the head honcho, I'll stick a third mounted figure on it 👍

      Delete
  5. More cool looking troops filing onto your parade ground. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff - blank bases are going down .... Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic stuff Ken - you are a machine! Meanwhile I feel like I have won a victory when I finished five 28mm cavalry...sheesh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats how I feel when I look at Miles, Martin and Noel, they have done 3 x what I've done 😁

      Delete
  8. You’re killing it with this project Ken, really inspiring stuff. Love the figures close up and love the effect en masse. My only quibble is that it should be Part II not Part Deux

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Peter, Part Deux 8n homage to the classic Hot Shots comedy movie

      Delete
  9. These are looking great Ken, I guess all that white is getting a bit tedious now.
    I'll be reunited with my own Republican Romans in a few months, maybe time to expand that force from the ten or so bases it has at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul, are the Romans coming out to you in the US or are you coming home ?

      Delete
    2. The latter, temporarily for about 18 months (hopefully)

      Delete
    3. Nice one, we might even get a game in 👍

      Delete
  10. more all white loveliness. Soon have a legion done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin, although I have another word for white at the moment 😀

      Delete
  11. Great to see all that MDF disappearing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These have painted up beautifully - fab work as always.

    ReplyDelete