Monday 8 February 2021

From Barks: Heroes (60 points)

These are the eight heroes from the Descent 2nd edition core game. I remounted them on 25mm bases because 20mm wasn't aesthetically pleasing. There's a fair amount of Contrast paint going on here; I'm grudgingly coming to like it. It makes certain colours quicker and is excellent for straps and bags etc.

Taste the rainbow.

Jain Fairwood, outcast ranger

Tomble Burrowell, Murder hobo gnome

Widow Tarha, orc witch

Ashrian, elf herbalist

Syndrael, elf exile

Leoric of the book, mage

Grisban the Thirsty, dwarf

Avric Albright, cleric

8x28mm: 40 points
Hall of Heroes: 20 points
Skull-o-meter™: 1

Where to next...?

24 comments:

  1. All things bright and beautiful! Some great animation and colour choices here - but I wouldn't like to cross that thief - the expression of a mad drunk with cyanide in his pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely looking bunch of heroes, the contrast paint seems to be productive!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hoped it would give me a little boost- and it has.

      Delete
  3. What a jolly colourful lot! Bringing sunshine and fun to a dungeon near you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent work Barcs, Grisban is my fave, looks like a fun guy but someone you'd want to stay on the right side of

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like dwarves- they're uncomplicated tanks with axes.

      Delete
  5. Thats a colourful bunch there JB! Contrasts can be excellent on the right figure I find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paul! They are working their way into my regular recipes.

      Delete
  6. A nice looking mix of heroes and antiheroes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stuart! Couldn't help but find a skull...

      Delete
  7. Great work Barks. I have similar feelings on the Contrast Paints...there are some niche areas where they are quite good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work Barks, nice bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab stuff Barks, you are storming on through the chambers, I had better get my finger out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can feel the pendulum descending... time is passing and who knows what fiendish task the Snowlord will conjure up!

      Delete
  10. Great collection of figs 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks, Martin! Inspired by the game's art.

      Delete
  12. Nicely done - and impressive dungeon progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Scooba, looking forward to getting out of the dungeon!

      Delete