Monday 8 February 2021

From MartinC Vietnam Huey (20pts)

 All conflicts need transport and in Vietnam it's helicopters. This Huey is 3-D printed from Butlers Printed Models and is OK. Like all 3-D models it needed lots of sanding and the side windows are not great. However its a good size and easy to assemble


It's on a telescopic aerial mounted into a plaster "rock" and secured with a magnet.

You can't tell from the photos but it's painted up quite well considering none of the greens I had were correct and I ended up painting it german field grey and then heavily dry brushed light camo green. The windows black grey with chainmail. Overall it looks like a helicopter, so job is a good 'un.

No decals, I really hate decals. I'd rather paint 54mm Napoleonics. Also don't have the right decals. Maybe later, much much later

So 20pts for a 28mm vehicle



18 comments:

  1. Mounting flying models for 28mm is always a challenge, but especially helicopters - and that doesn't even factor in the painting! Well done Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have decals matey ...

    I look forward to the seeing the wrecked version after I shoot it down

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks? I do have NVA AAA (worst hand in scrabble ever)

      Delete
  3. Chopper looks great, decals are the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good looking chopper and clever mounting. You could always hand-paint the insignia if you've an allergy to decals XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ta, my hand painting would make it look like it had been tagged by 6 year olds

      Delete
  5. Smartly done Martin, it needs decals though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking chopper, another vote for decals here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice wokka wokka - Which bits of using decals do you hate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta, cutting them out, getting them out of the water and fixing them in place, all of it

      Delete
  8. I never know what to do with the rotors...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My 1st helicopter, put them in line or id break it

      Delete
  9. Gotta have a Huey, lovely!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete