Saturday 20 February 2021

From LeeH - Kights Solar - Paladin with Elemental Sword

At last, I have reached the Third Level of the Chambers of Challenge. It's taken a while to reach it, but every stage has been interesting and fun so I'm not complaining. Now we get to the most challenging rooms and I'm starting off with my entry for the Kights Solar. The brief says "A chamber for painting Kights of all kinds, and their knightly deeds, loves, pastimes and quests". Hmm, the ultimate expression of Kightly piety in the fantasy world is the Paladin and I had the perfect model for that.



This warrior ventured into the frozen city of Felstad in search of a fabled elemental sword. He has been searching for it in lost scrolls and ancient texts for many years and now he has found it. His Quest is over...but first he must make it out of the city alive.





This is a 28mm Ral Partha Figure from their Pathfinder range and looks particularly heroic. The casting is wonderfully clean and the face was so well sculpted it was a joy to paint. Once again I have based it for use in my Frostgrave games (really must venture back there soon).

(Scoring - 1x28mm Figure + CoC Bonus = 25 Points)

11 comments:

  1. Splendid looking paladin! I really like his sensible overcoat!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wearing armour in sub-zero conditions...not a good idea without a good coat!

      Delete
  2. Nice story and great figure Lee! Fellstad is a truly awesome setting and he fits in perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super figure and photos - seems like a real “blue collar” Paladin with his leather coat and what could be blue jeans 😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Lee, lots of vintage minis this challenge. Points tallied!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've enjoyed digging down in my lead pile for minis to paint.

      Delete