Saturday 20 February 2021

From JasperO: Svetlana and her T-70 for Sarah the Sorceress (43 points)

The same damn thing happens every year. I make all these plans for the Challenge and then time zips by and with a month or so to go, I look at the pile, and... Okay, in part it's because I'm not always as diligent as I could be, and often it's because I'm skipping around projects because that's where my fancies take me. The route through the Chambers of Challenge is more strict this year, however, and looking at the time still available and what I'd really like to complete for this Challenge, I've got to skip a few steps. So sad, too bad for those plans, but it's time to call on Sarah the Sorceress for an airlift to the Larder.

To do so, I offer up one of Bad Squiddo's ww2 female tank commanders - a very nice set of figures - in her personal ride. I'm afraid it's a little worse for wear, but then, it's been to the wars. I bought a set of painted 28mm Russian figures from a friend last year as that would get me a more or less complete Russian platoon for Chain of Command in one go, so now I'm working on some supports and the missing bits. This little T-70 makes for a nice recce option and is quite a change from my previous, the King Tiger. At least it should be able to run rings around it!


The tank is a Warlord Games resin offering, a nice little model. The (large!) commander's hatch is a metal casting, but comes without hinges to actually keep it open. I worried that just glueing the side of the hatch to the resin would be asking for trouble, so I made two rudimentary hinges from brass wire. They're drilled into the hull top and glued to the side of the hatch. With Svetlana supporting the hatch from behind, I figure it has a decent chance of surviving gameplay.


I followed my by-now usual routine of airbrushing successively lighter colours, followed by some general mucking around with some washes, and pigments from MIG and AK Productions. As for points, Svetlana is a bit more 'complete' than the commander of the KT, so her plus the Sorceress bonus and one 28mm vehicle should net me another 43.



15 comments:

  1. Wonderful model Jasper, love the weathering and Svetlana fits in very neatly, I hope the big hatch protects her from those pesky snipers 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should. Fortunately. I don’t think tank commanders can be targeted in Chain of Command, so there’s that.

      Delete
  2. Planns never survive real life don't they?! Great tank!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular T-70 Jasper, your vehicles really are outstanding. And nice to see the Bad squiddo tanker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great little tank and love the commander.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well done. Weathering is magnificent.
    BruceR

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm envious of your vehicle skill! Lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking Soviet tank and commander!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - stunning work here Jasper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Svetlana is awesome! ❤️🧙‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking T70 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete