Friday 5 February 2021

from Paul O'G: Ungor Raiders (100 points)

Despite another busy week in Man Cave central, I have managed to finished these 20 Ungor Raiders for my Beastman Army.

Ungors are the lowest class in Beastman society, brutalised (an often eaten) by the larger Gors. Nevertheless, they are used in scouting and raiding roles in the army. They form the skirmisher elements (though not very good ones) and provide some (though poor) bow units. 
So why bother taking them? They are useful in an ambushing role to take out enemy warmachines from behind, as well as screening the main Gor warrior units.
Even better, I got to put them into action today in a Warhammer game against High Elves. They did very well (for Ungors) but I did like seeing this:

which reminded me of this :-)
20 x 28mm figs should net me 100 points (but only 11 skullz) for this submission, and this unit takes my Beastman Army past 200 foot figures - most painted in the past year during AHPCs X and XI

14 comments:

  1. Great to see your army coming together and great to hear that this unit made it on table already. It’s important to have a mobile food source with an army, but a bonus if the food source can scout for you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. Autonomously following logistic supplies could revolutionise warfare as we know it!

      Delete
  2. 200 beastmen? I bet that looks impressive on the table. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking ungors! I bet they're cheap too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Paul! Screening the tougher troops isn't super fun, but SOMEONE has to do it, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "For every battle honour, a thousand heroes die alone, unsung, and unremembered."
      -Imperial proverb

      Delete
  5. Reet ugly bunch ! Looks like Leeds fans at an away match 😉
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Australia we would call them Richmond fans but yes, agree entirely!

      Delete
  6. I do want to see the army shot! I do like this project of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, almost there - when done will be about 7k points in total

      Delete