Friday 5 February 2021

From TeemuL: Halflings in Larder (45 points)

S.N. Owl-Ord takes the right turn on, the left side smells like sea and has a moist feeling, while the right side smells of food and has a warm feeling. He leaves the greyish bard behind and continues his walk towards the principal's office. He starts to hear noise. "Larder", he thinks, "Where have I come?" Nevertheless, he continues and to his amazement, he sees two of those smaller people again, but these are not paying any attention to him, they are just shouting and yelling towards the window and seems like they are going to throw their hot pot out of the window. There is another doorway, leading to the stairs, so Uggla quickly leaves this confusing place behind and goes downstairs.

This of course is the famous Halfling Hot Pot, which I bought some years ago, but without the head chef. Anyway, fully knowing, that my painting time is limited for this Challenge, I knew this would be a perfect piece for the Larder and bonus points. I decided to base the hot pot and chefs on a large round base, so I can position them in the way I want and have some scenery and make it strong enough.

 

This was a joy to paint, mainly using the regular paints from the Citadel range, some light and bright colors for the cheerful halflings. I added an old jungle tree trunk and some other stuff (the gun is now with "timbers", if you get the poor joke). Different kinds of basing materials to keep the big base interesting were added and as a final detail I sprinkled some orange sand here and there on top of the green areas to create and illusion of small flowers (take a look at the last picture, please).

 

I'm bit behind my schedule, since I was hoping to finish the Level 3 by the end of February and I have now just finished the first level. However, the level 2 is well in progress now and since I don't have anymore holidays or holiday activities I can spend more time painting. And I'd like to paint something non-Chambers stuff as well. I'm also sorry for not commenting much of the other posts, most of the time I have had a backlog of 40-60 posts and constantly reading posts released couple of days old. Now I have caught up quite nicely, so I expect to comment more.

 

Two 28mm miniatures, 10 points

Crew served weapon (very small, even compared to the crew), 10 points

Larder, 20 points

Halfling cooks in Larder, 5 bonus points

Total 45 points, 20 for GW Challenge, 0 skulls

Edit: Updated the points to make spreadsheet happy.

12 comments:

  1. Nice work Teemu! I'll award you an additional 5 points as a crew served weapon in 28mm brings 10 points no matter how small. We don't want to upset the might of the spreadsheet, won't we?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think I'll ask Curt to adjust the scoring for the next Challenge. :)

      Delete
  2. A great piece for the theme room Teemu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, can't really mix kitchen and war any better than this.

      Delete
  3. Lovely looking crew served hot pot!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, hot pot is served hot, that's true. Revenge is best served cold, but that is just irrelevant here.

      Delete
  4. Excellent depiction of early Deliveroo
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Yes, at least for the theme room. But it is missing the master chef.

      Delete
  6. JAJAJA, very funny vignette, love it

    ReplyDelete