Friday 5 February 2021

From Barks: Come up to the lab, and see what's on the slab (39 points)

Any suggestion that these loyal Imperial scientists have been corrupted is fake news.

The scientist is a 3D print from 2nd Dynasty, and comes in a casual and action pose.

"We do what we must, because we can."

The servoskullz are 3D prints from Makers Cult. I would like some input on how you paint solid flight stands- this is pale grey; should I go brown or tan or mid grey or matt black?

The scenery is GW. I would love to fill the specimen vat with tinted resin, but am worried it will fail horribly. I have left the top loose if I get some courage in the future.  I like all the control panel greebling.

Hard to photograph!



2x 28mm figures: 10 points

2x servoskullz: 4 points

Scenery: 5 points

The Lab: 20 points

GW Side Challenge: 5

Skull-o-meter™: 9





26 comments:

  1. Fantastic theme mate!
    I quiver with anticip....ation :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Mr. B.! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and my vote would be for flat black on the solid flight stands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant.

    Flat black.

    Planet Schmanet, Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome - I love the dangerous specimen chamber! Brilliant brushwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should find some 'Don't tap on the glass' or 'Don't feed the xenos' stickers!

      Delete
  6. Just to throw some oil in the water I am going to suggest sticking with the light grey on the flight stands.🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the debate! I feel it sticks out a little, particularly in the underhive environments they may appear in.

      Delete
  7. Some great work here Barks, as to the flight stands, I'd probably go black like the others said, whatever you paint is gonna be visible (doh!), but blacks pretty neutral and shouldn't be noticed so much???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But most of my groundwork is brown, so maybe that would blend in more?

      Delete
  8. Fabulous t,t,t touch me! Another vote for dark/black here!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There does seem to be an impetus toward black!

      Delete
  9. This scene looks suitably creepy. I do like the genest... eeeh lab- assistants look very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we said we needed some extra hands around the place this wasn’t what we had in mind!

      Delete
  10. So many great bits in this post, all round super 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s great when a Chamber gives you an excuse to pull a few different projects together.

      Delete
  11. Love it Barks, bang on theme. 3D prints came out well.

    Red Crosses on the lab assistants seems deeply ironic, for our Grimdark future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I only painted them because they were sculpted on.

      Delete
  12. Excellent entry, properly creepy!

    ReplyDelete