Tuesday 16 February 2021

From SanderS: Entering the Golem's Haunt (35 points)

 Hoi,

 

Like Curt said in an earlier post of his: as we are nearing the highmark point of the Challenge we either find our rhythm and go all the way or we falter and get bogged down. I definitely kept on in the painting department, but got bogged down in actually making pictures and blogposts of the painted miniatures. While I fully expect to get some pictures made tomorrow, I would like to get Arthur and myself a bit further along in the Chambers of Challenge and so we enter the Golem's Haunt.

3 is their number and their number counts 3, for awaiting us is not 1 but 3 Golems in their lair. 





From left to right I present: An Iron Golem, Jade Golem and Earth/ Clay Golem. While I suspect most of you will recognize the Iron Golem as a Frostgrave Balista construct, I have no idea what make the other two actually are. They were part of a huge secondhand lot of fantasy figures used for DND and such games. Perhaps quite a lot are old Grenadier figures but I couldn't really say. The Jade Golem I will use as an elemental for my Jade Wizard in Hero Quest. Since Hero Quest has really strong ties with GW WFB, there are Magic decks for all colleges of magic of the Old World as well as some of the Dark arts. I intend to paint up wizards for all the colleges so a Jade Elemental will come in handy. The Earth Golem looks like he's really a sort of Ogre type but since I need an Earth Elemental that's how I have painted him. 

I really like these chaps and they will surely come in handy in the HQ games both at home and at school when Covid Permits. Now has anyone come up with a Covid demon? Nurgle anyone?

Pointswise these 3 figures are from a 28mm range so that's 15 points together with the location bonus that makes 35 points.

Cheers Sander


A terrific trio of golems, Sander. Good to have you back and I'm sure it won't be long before the entries come flooding in again from you and Arthur.

Tamsin

11 comments:

  1. It's great to see you back Sander and Arthur! I can completely sympathize with the posting bottleneck. I often find creating the posts to be as much work as working on the minis!

    I really like the Iron Golem with the balista arm. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah well, I am happy to say more posts are on their way!

      Delete
  2. Lovely looking trio of golems! The ballista one is particularly scary!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In game-terms I really think he's the easiest to counter... but yeah he is the coolest of the lot!

      Delete
  3. Great job Sander - as Curt said, the Golem as a "balista construct" is a particularly awesome notion, and looks the part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Balista Construct is taken right out of the Frostgrave supplement it came with.

      Delete
  4. Great to see you back. The walking ballista is particularly nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Tamsin: thanks heaps for the kind words and watch this space for more posts indeed!

    ReplyDelete