Tuesday 16 February 2021

AndrewB - 2mm ACW (60 points)



 Hello everybody!

Today’s figures are brought to you by Irregular, the finest purveyor of 2mm miniatures at a great price!   Additionally, Ian runs one heck of a company, and the customer service is great.  Today’s figures are some confederate infantry and cavalry bases for a scaled down version of Altar of Freedom  




First, sixteen infantry brigades!  These are blocks of 50something men in three ranks, which lead to a decent look on the tabletop, much like 24 6mm based on a 60x30mm base. These are on 0.5x1 inch bases instead, but that’s ok, I’ll either halve the ranges used, or just use centimeters.  

This scale reduction also allows most games to be played on either a 2x2 or 3x2 playing mat, a whole bunch of which I am in the process of making.  

These 10 stands are cavalry!  This is more than I’ll need to play nearly any scenario in any of the books for Altar of Freedom, so while I’ll have to complete more infantry, I should be good on these horsemen.  

Look forward to more of these bases in the future!  I’m basing up the same number of Union infantry presently, and then they’ll be posted!

I have no idea how to score these guys, but there’s 26 bases total, however the scorer chooses to total those up!  

Happy Painting!


Hmmm! Now how do I score these? The Spreadsheet of Doom (TM Miles) is based on 60x30 mm bases for 2mm so I guess if I count each of your bases here as half-bases that should be about right. That comes out as a nice, round 60 points for this entry.

Tamsin

5 comments:

  1. Nice work Andrew - 2mm stuff is always a unique challenge, and I think your approach here makes the best of it, in order to create the appearance of the big blocks of troops for the players. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking units Andrew. I’m too much of a toy soldier guy to go that small, but I like the visual impact of 2mm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice teeny tiny chaps,great looking mass of infantry!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tiny warriors look great. In bigger scales you'd have to be well over 100 feet above the table to get this excellent effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of little dudes...

    ReplyDelete