Tuesday 16 February 2021

AlanD - Yep, More Dacians...(75 points)

 


Here's another 15 Dacians for my growing Infamy force. I am enjoying painting these Victrix figures a lot.

I almost always paint shields, and have been recorded (literally, thanks Paul) saying uncharitable things about decals. However, Dacian shield designs are so complex and symmetrical and my need to get these on the table to smash some Romans are such that I sent off an order to Victrix for some decals. As a result, expect to see fewer archers and blokes with falxes, and more spearmen with shields now that they have arrived.




And with another 75 points I plod a little further towards my goal!


I'm with you, Dux, on hand-painting shields under normal conditions but with groups like the Dacians  you really do need to use decals. I think these chaps should do a smashing job of clobbering Romans.

Tamsin

10 comments:

  1. This is a stunning collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stuff Alan. The faces are superb mate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with more Dacians! I like them, specially the way you have given them such nice and crisp colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOMNDERFUL- I NEED some Dacians in my life after this

    ReplyDelete
  5. One can never have enough Dacians!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great Dux. I’m with you on decals but these came out nicely. In my case, I’m too ham handed to get them on correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely looking Dacians!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look awesome mate, well done. I not the use of items that may have once been described as "evil and the work of the devil". Welcome to the cult :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking Dacians and super freehand on the shields as usual. No, wait! You did whaat?

    ReplyDelete